80992 München, de
+49 (89) 1430-1190
Oracle Enhances Both Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and Contract Management
New Usability, Integration and Collaboration Capabilities Enable Organizations to Successfully Deliver Projects of Any Size and Complexity
- Extending the enterprise-wide Project Portfolio Management (PPM) capabilities of Oracle's Primavera product suite, Oracle today announced new releases of Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and Oracle's Primavera Contract Management.
- The new Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 7.0 and Primavera Contract Management 13 releases provide significant usability, integration and collaboration enhancements.
- New Web accessibility for Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 7.0 and Contract Management 13 deliver professional project management on the Web, providing access to anyone, anywhere working on a project or program.
- New features in the latest release of Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management help organizations successfully manage and deliver portfolios, programs and projects of any size and complexity by providing role-based functionality needed for each project participant to contribute to project success.
- Usability and version control enhancements added to Oracle's Primavera Contract Management provide complete project control, enabling organizations to manage document and project changes, mitigate their impact, keep projects on schedule and on budget, and provide visibility into how changes affect the overall project plan.
- The new releases reinforce Oracle's commitment to delivering a comprehensive suite of enterprise-class PPM products that meet the mission critical requirements of key vertical industries including engineering and construction, public sector, aerospace and defense, oil and gas, utilities and manufacturing.
Delivering Enterprise-wide Project Portfolio Management
- Support has been added for Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM) and Microsoft SharePoint for both Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and Contract Management. Support for enterprise content management systems enables organizations to collaborate on problem and issue resolution, leverage their existing investments in content management, manage project documentation, and maintain a single version of truth for project content.
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is an integrated PPM solution that helps organizations globally prioritize, plan, manage and deliver projects, programs and portfolios. Enhancements in release 7.0 include:
- Secure Project Status Updating - Empower team members and contributors to provide real-time status updates while allowing project managers and planners to maintain control over who accesses details on specific projects.
- Usability Improvements - Help increase efficiency and ensure projects remain on track by making it easier for project managers to determine the best ways to complete projects and giving all project participants more time to perform project work and analyze project trends.
- Graphic Improvements - Support identification of project performance trends and accurate communication of project status to stakeholders.
- Event Enablement - Automation and integration of project management processes streamlines crucial business processes by triggering events that can be linked into notification and Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) systems.
- Oracle's Primavera Contract Management is a document management, job cost and field controls solution that helps keep construction projects on schedule and on budget through complete project visibility and control by ensuring that all contract changes, submittals and approvals do not slow down project progress. Enhancements in release 13 include:
- User Interface: A streamlined user interface delivers an enhanced and intuitive user experience that allows increased user efficiency.
- Content Repository and Version Control: Brings even stricter control and claim documentation to Contract Management providing complete history and progression of documents, while also delivering a more secure method of storing both attachments and versioned documents.
- Technology Enhancements: LDAP support, WebLogic clustering to support larger installations, Firefox support, Oracle Database Express Edition for standalone installations.
- "Our enterprise-wide deployment of Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, using both the Windows Client and Web Client, provides us the ability to continuously monitor all of our projects over a wide geographical area," said Chris Maslyk, Director of Project Planning, C.W. Driver. "This enables all levels of management to be aware of specific project needs and issues and provide quick and efficient response, which translates into savings for us and our clients."
- "In the engineering and construction field, version control is extremely important, especially for a large project or capital program where you are managing multiple documents, contracts and contractors," said Jay Robertson, Manager of Information Systems, MetroPower, Inc. "Stricter documentation and version control helps us reduce claims, which is key to successfully completing a project - especially in the eyes of its investors."
- "The new releases of Oracle Primavera P6 and Contract Management are affordable and easy-to-use role-based solutions, enabling anyone, anywhere within an organization to participate in a project or program by contributing within a collaborative environment,"" said Joel Koppelman, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle's Primavera Global Business Unit. "With these new solutions, Oracle has reinforced its commitment to driving PPM innovation and enterprise-wide PPM solutions, a mission-critical requirement for project-intensive businesses that need to successfully execute portfolios or projects of different sizes and complexity."
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management: http://www.oracle.com/applications/primavera/index.html
- Oracle Primavera P6 Release 7.0 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management: http://www.oracle.com/applications/primavera/primavera-p6-enterprise-release-7-0.html
- Oracle Primavera Contract Management: http://www.oracle.com/applications/primavera/primavera-contract-management.html
- Oracle Primavera Resource Library: http://www.oracle.com/applications/primavera/primavera-resource-library.html
- Q&A with Oracle Primavera’s Richard K. Faris: http://www.oracle.com/innovation/innovator-richard-faris.html
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management, 2009: http://mediaproducts.gartner.com/reprints/oracle/article75/article75.html
- EPPM Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/EPPM/
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.