80992 München, de
+44 (844) 875 1455
Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center
- Further advancing Oracle's applicationtodisk management strategy and quickly delivering on Oracle's Sun integration roadmap, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center is the newest addition in the Oracle Enterprise Manager family and brings extensive capabilities for managing physical and virtual Sun environments.
- Also introduced today is the Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Connector for Ops Center which provides Oracle Enterprise Manager customers with visibility into underlying Sun servers, Oracle Solaris and associated virtualisation, helping them to resolve issues that could impact application, middleware and database service levels.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager is Oracle's unified solution for managing the complete softwarehardware stack from application to disk. It enables customers to reduce complexity and increase efficiency in their data centers.
Centralising and Automating System Life Cycle Management
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center is used to manage both physical and virtual systems. In contrast to tools that address only certain stages, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center also manages across the entire system lifecycle from discovery to provisioning, updating, monitoring and management.
- Features in Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center include:
Full lifecycle management of Oracle Solaris Containers and Oracle VM Server for SPARC (formerly known as Logical Domains or LDoms): provides customers a single place to manage both their physical and virtual infrastructure, simplifying IT management and speeding resolution of performance issues;
Support for Oracle Solaris Live Upgrade: allows customers to automatically patch and update Oracle Solaris systems with Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center's unique software dependency engine; without needing to bring down those systems; and allows customers to automatically patch and update Oracle Solaris systems with Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center's unique software dependency engine; without needing to bring down those systems; and
Builtin knowledge of Oracle software and Sun systems: provides the ability to automate and achieve operational standards faster. With active management of the service processor, virtual stack, and operating environments, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center enables systems to be placed into production faster.
- The Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Connector allows Ops Center event notificationshardware faults, operating system performance, and other infrastructure eventsto be passed to the Oracle Enterprise Manager console, where they become Oracle Enterprise Manager notifications. These notifications help administrators more quickly address potential issues. The connector is available for download free of charge.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center is available immediately through the following packaging options:
Ops Center Provisioning and Patch Automation: provides server and Operating System (OS) discovery, OS and firmware provisioning and updating, server and OS monitoring, and resource management.
Ops Center Virtualization Management Pack: provides Solaris Containers and Oracle VM Server for SPARC virtual guest lifecycle management, resource monitoring and management, resource pools, and workload migration.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.