80992 München, de
+49 (89) 1430-1190
EMEA Oracle SOA Partner Community Welcomes 1000th Member
Networking and Information Sharing Forum Proves Hit With Middleware Specialists
- Oracle today welcomes the 1000th member of its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Partner Community and expects the group's ranks to swell as additional BEA-specialist partners come onboard.
- Launched in August 2005, the SOA Partner Community attracted 86 members in its first three months, with momentum building rapidly to reach 850 members by May 2008.
Availability and Details
- The SOA Community has garnered rave reviews from members who receive topical newsletters, access to a member's page, sales, marketing and product resources.
- Community members can access regular product web casts and interact at physical events held regularly throughout Europe.
- The community's website provides a discussion forum, with more than 150 registered participants, where partners actively answer each other's questions, share best practices and provide feedback to Oracle that the company considers when developing product strategy.
- The EMEA SOA Partner Community is the sixth largest group on Oracle Mix - the company's global feedback and discussion forum for partners, customers and staff - with 2,600 views in the past 12 months.
- Objectives of the community include training partners on new technologies and helping BEA partners integrate into the Oracle ecosystem.
- The next EMEA SOA Partner Community Forum physical event is planned for January 2009.
Stein Surlien, Senior Vice President, Alliances and Channels, Oracle Europe, Middle East and Africa said: "The EMEA SOA Partner Community is an important forum for partners operating in the SOA space. In many cases, it is through interaction and conversation with other partners that the boundaries of what is possible can be extended. Many of the world's leading businesses are looking to achieve operational efficiencies and business agility through SOA, so resources like the SOA Partner Community are important in allowing partners to develop their skills and successfully deliver industry-leading solutions in real customer environments."
Edwin van Dis, Oracle Competence Lead, Logica said: "The launch of the SOA partner community in 2005 marked a new era in our partnership with Oracle. As a Certified Advantage Partner we already had a strong relationship with Oracle, but the partner community added new value. While sharing knowledge between professionals is key in the success of SOA, Oracle showed the courage to bring competitors together. The open and collaborative character of the community made it possible to learn from peers in the industry and to start a networking environment. Logica is a strong believer of the community concept and is therefore an active member and supporter of the Oracle SOA partner community. It enables us to create sustainable business value for our customers by delivering innovative solutions and skills."
Robert van der Struijf, Managing Director IT-eye BV: "While Oracle has the vision and strategy for its applications and the software platforms, partners play an extremely important role in bringing these to market . Therefore it is very important to align strategy, tactics and operational approaches between Oracle and partners, as well as between partners and partners. There's so much to be learned from each other's experience. Our experiences help Oracle to make their products even better and other partners' experiences help us do our job even better. This is a great initiative, keep up the good work!"
Torsten Winterberg, Divisional Director, OPITZ CONSULTING GmbH said: "A key aspect of the SOA community is knowledge sharing and it's good to see Oracle partners working together to push Oracle middleware momentum in the market. The community enables discussion and encourages partners to help each other in delivering better projects."
- Oracle EMEA Partner Community for SOA
- Oracle SOA
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Portal
- Oracle SOA Blog
- Information and Updates on the BEA Integration
About the Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork is a global business network of more than 20,000 companies who deliver innovative software solutions based on Oracle software. Through access to Oracle's premier products, education, technical services, marketing and sales support, the Oracle PartnerNetwork program provides partners with the resources they need to be successful in today's global economy. Oracle partners are able to offer to their customers, leading-edge solutions backed by Oracle's position as the world's largest enterprise software company. Partners who are able to demonstrate superior product knowledge, technical expertise and a commitment to doing business with Oracle can qualify for the Oracle Certified Partner levels.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.