Wagramer Strasse 17-19
1223 Wien, at
+44 (844) 875 1455
Fujitsu and Oracle Announce Worldwide Availability of Fujitsu M10 Servers
Fujitsu and Oracle's New SPARC Servers Help Customers Optimize Investment While Enjoying the Utmost Reliability
- Continuing their more than 20-year partnership and leadership in mission-critical computing, Fujitsu and Oracle today announced the worldwide availability of Fujitsu M10 servers, based on the 16-core SPARC64 X processor.
- Fujitsu M10 servers deliver mainframe class reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) adopted from Fujitsu's 60-years of mainframe development with maximum scalability for mission-critical workloads.
- Fujitsu M10 servers scale dynamically from 1 to 64 processors in a modular architecture with core-level CPU Activation that allows customers to easily add resources in Building Blocks to meet changing workload requirements without downtime for existing applications.
- Featuring breakthrough technology including Software on Chip and Liquid Loop Cooling, Fujitsu M10 servers provide highly flexible system configurations with physical partitioning as well as built-in, no-cost virtualization technologies via Oracle VM Server for SPARC and Oracle Solaris Zones.
- Fujitsu M10 servers support both Oracle Solaris 10 and 11 and with the Oracle Solaris Guarantee Program are binary compatible with all current and past SPARC servers for added investment protection.
- "NTT DATA sincerely welcomes Fujitsu's release of the Fujitsu M10 servers. We have evaluated and confirmed the high performance of Fujitsu M10 that stems from Fujitsu's high-performance supercomputer technology. In recent years the utilization of information has become an important factor in the success or failure of our business. The need for high-speed processing of large amounts of data, such as Big Data, is dramatically increasing. We believe the announcement of Fujitsu M10 gives us a solution that inspires confidence for our customers. We look forward to further accelerating the adoption of Fujitsu M10 into our IT infrastructure to match the Big Data era with high performance processing capacity. The future is full of opportunities to greatly extend functionality and support customer business in new ways. We, NTT DATA, will use the exciting new technologies in Fujitsu M10 to drive the development of new IT solutions that in turn directly advance our customers' business," said Mr. Hiroshi Endo, Senior Vice President of Solution & Technology Company, NTT DATA Corporation.
- "Fujitsu M10 delivers extreme performance that enables customers to further improve their competitiveness with real-time decisions in the ever-changing world," said Noriyuki Toyoki, Corporate Senior Vice President, Fujitsu. "Fujitsu M10 is our commitment to bring big results to customers in the Big Data era, helping customers maximize their ROI with unique dynamic scalability and mainframe-class reliability."
- "Oracle welcomes the all new Fujitsu M10 servers to the SPARC family," said Oracle Chief Corporate Architect Edward Screven. "Oracle and Fujitsu's strong collaboration exemplifies Oracle's commitment to achieve extreme performance by engineering hardware and software together to benefit customers."
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.