Nortel to Showcase End-to-End WiMAX Solutions for Hyperconnected World
MacKinnon to Deliver Keynote at WiMAX World Europe 2007
"The diversity of new devices and applications requiring not just connectivity but significant bandwidth as well creates a complex and daunting challenge," said Peter MacKinnon, general manager, WiMAX and Wireless Mesh, Nortel and chairman, LG-Nortel. "But, it also offers a game-changing opportunity to enhance business productivity and enrich the lives of consumers. Nortel´s end-to- end WiMAX solution addresses the key issues of WiMAX devices, ability to guarantee quality of service, and the driving down of OPEX costs. Our WiMAX ecosystem includes MIMO technology expertise and power-efficient base stations that are instrumental in providing service providers with a simplified approach to seizing the WiMAX opportunity."
MacKinnon will deliver a keynote address, entitled "WiMAX and the Mobile Internet," on Thursday, May 31. Other Nortel speakers will include Eric Bezille, who will present "WiMAX + IMS: More than the Sum of the Parts" on May 30, and Gerry Collins, who will participate in a panel discussion on "WiMAX for GSM Operators" on May 31.
A pioneer in the application of fundamental 4G enabling technologies including OFDM and MIMO, Nortel´s WiMAX World Europe exhibit (Hall X, Booth #202) will feature "Next-Generation Mobile Broadband Services" delivered via an end-to-end mobile WiMAX solution including base stations, core network elements, network management, mobile devices, IMS, and video-enabled multimedia applications. At this exhibit, Nortel will:
- Demonstrate the world´s most advanced mobile WIMAX solution, differentiated by high performance and low cost-per-megabit.
- Show how to simplify and optimize network operations with its next-generation MIMO Base Transceiver Stations, among the smallest in footprint but packed with capacity and flexibility.
- Showcase cost-efficient, scalable and reliable Metro Ethernet backhaul solutions for WiMAX that leverage the latest innovations in Carrier Ethernet networking, including Provider Backbone Transport (PBT).
- Reveal how Nortel´s Global Services for WiMAX can reduce risk and promote on-time, on-budget launch.
- Discuss how Nortel is driving an open, multi-vendor MIMO-based ecosystem in collaboration with industry-leading chipset and device manufacturers.
- Explain how Nortel´s newly opened WiMAX 4G Ecosystem Center of Excellence in Taipei promotes interoperability across WiMAX devices and applications for global customers, helping to speed deployment of WiMAX technology throughout the world.
- Unveil plans for opening a European WiMAX Executive Briefing Center in the UK in late June 2007.
Find out more about Nortel at WiMAX World Europe at www2.nortel.com/go/events_detail.jsp?cat_id=8005&oid=100217164&blo ck=8&locale=en-US.
Full details on the WiMAX World Europe conference and conference programme can be viewed at http://europe.wimaxworld.com (2) and http://europe.wimaxworld.com/program.shtml.(2)
Nortel is a member of the WiMAX Forum, an industry organization that promotes the interoperability and certification of wireless products for the delivery of faster, more affordable data, voice and video services. Nortel owns dozens of patents in the technologies underlying the WiMAX standard.
Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that make the promise of Business Made Simple a reality for our customers. Our next-generation technologies, for both service provider and enterprise networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications. Nortel´s technologies are designed to help eliminate today´s barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people to the information they need, when they need it. Nortel does business in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com. For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news.