Nokia presents solutions to drive growth of next generation of mobile gaming at GDC Mobile(PresseBox) (Espoo, Finland, )
Titled 'The Next Generation of Mobile Gaming', the 20 minute presentation will reveal how Nokia's next generation and SNAP Mobile gaming platforms will provide market defining solutions to the key issues and challenges faced by developers, operators and publishers today.
"Nokia has invested years of R&D and commercial experience to develop leading-edge connected mobile gaming technologies and experiences. We now have a platform offering that delivers superior customer experiences from a developer, publisher, operator and consumer perspective," said Gregg Sauter, Director of Games Publishing, Nokia. "Our presence at GDC is a corner-stone for any company wherever they are in the mobile gaming value chain. Visitors can learn about Nokia's connected mobile gaming solutions, including both Nokia's next generation mobile games platform and SNAP Mobile solutions, which will help solve current fragmentation and customer experience issues."
For delegates wishing to expand their knowledge in creating connected mobile games for the future, Nokia is holding three developer workshops at GDC Mobile, including:
- 'The Next Generation Of Mobile Gaming', presented by Kay Grunwoldt, Developer Marketing Manager, Nokia, where delegates will receive an insight on what developer resources are available to create games for Nokia's next generation of mobile gaming platform.
- 20th March 2006, 3.00 - 4.00pm, The Empire Room, Fairmont Hotel
- 'ARENA - Multi-User Game Development for S60 Mobile Devices', presented by Jeff Close, Arena Software Manager, Nokia, providing delegates with an overview of the Arena architecture for the mobile developer.
- 21st March, 2.00 - 3.00pm, The Empire Room, Fairmont Hotel
- 'Developing Network Connected Mobile Games For J2ME Handsets Using SNAP Mobile', presented by Matt Levy, Server Program Manager, Nokia.
- 21st March, 4.00 - 5.00pm, The Empire Room, Fairmont Hotel
At GDC Expo from 22 - 24th March, visit Nokia at Booth #616 and learn more about Nokia's comprehensive offerings to create connected mobile games.
About Gregg Sauter, Director of Publishing, Nokia
A 14 year veteran of the interactive entertainment industry, Gregg has held senior marketing, software development, and sales positions within multiple Interactive software and consumer products companies. As Nokia's global Director of Games Publishing, Gregg leads teams based in North America and Europe and is responsible for industry publishing initiatives on Nokia's next generation mobile games platforms. His background includes launching LEGO's North American Media Division in 1997, where he was Director of Interactive Publishing. He has also served as Director of Consumer Products for the National Football League, where he managed interactive products, including the NFL's video game properties. Gregg entered the entertainment software industry in 1992 as Business Manager for what now is a leading Computer Games magazine. Gregg Sauter has been with Nokia for three years.