44807 Bochum, de
+358 (7180) 34379
Nokia: "Convergence" on the future of mobility
"Four C's" reflect Nokia's strategy to connect millions of mobile workers
Nokia is poised to lead this convergence. At CTIA Wireless 2007 the company is showing how its business mobility products, solutions, ecosystem and strategy will benefit millions of mobile professionals in their work and personal lives and make it easier for IT managers to deploy and manage mobility solutions.
The combination of the Nokia Intellisync mobileware platform and Nokia Eseries devices significantly increases potential for businesses to achieve new levels of productivity and competitive advantage. It also presents opportunities for operators, service providers and systems integrators to drive subscriber growth and technology adoption with the advent of new solutions and capabilities.
"The mobile industry is clearly at a tipping point, in more ways than one," said Scott Cooper, vice president, Mobility Solutions, Enterprise Solutions, Nokia. "We are seeing a more strategic approach to mobility - a shift from the point solution implementations that we've encountered in the past three years, to a new, more comprehensive approach to mobility. Enterprise customers will enjoy the benefits of always-on, robust and secure mobility solutions, beyond mobile email delivered to the executive suite or traveling sales staff."
The advantages of adopting Nokia's mobility solutions can be articulated in "Four C's":
Connectivity, Cost-savings, Creativity, Culture
Connectivity: Nokia can connect with more devices, on more platforms, using more operating systems and technologies, than any other mobility or technology vendor.
- Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite offers the most extensive device support in the industry, 100+ devices on five platforms: Symbian, WindowsMobile, Palm, UIQ, J2ME
- Nokia Intellisync mobileware is a platform that extends well beyond email, delivering mobile connectivity to virtually any business application or data source
- With a vast suite of products that grow with the customer's business, Nokia mobile solutions meet current and future mobility needs
Cost-savings: Nokia solutions drive efficiency and security for businesses, translating to higher return on investment and improved worker productivity.
- Common user interface makes training, scaling and troubleshooting easier
- Compatibility with a variety of back-end solutions like MS Exchange, Lotus Domino, Novell GroupWise and other POP/IMAP corporate messaging platforms protects a company's existing email infrastructure
- IP PBX-compatible mobile devices enable significant communications cost-savings to the enterprise by using VoIP in addition to cellular calling
- Device management drives cost-savings and simplicity for IT managers, via traceability, security and over-the-air application installations
- Consolidation of wireless, landline and data in ONE device simplifies support, drives scalability and realizes savings
Creativity: Nokia simplifies the process of connecting people, empowering them to focus on collaboration to drive business success.
- Enabling data retrieval and distribution across any network connection to any device
- Allowing third-party developers to customize robust applications unique to individual companies due to the open standards platform
- Enabling rich end-user features and "beyond email" capabilities offered by application and filesync
Culture: Nokia products and solutions deliver on a future where everyone is connected.
- Giving mobile workers the ability to manage work/life balance effectively
- Allowing companies to foster environments of innovation, collaboration and productivity
At CTIA, visitors to the Nokia stand (Hall B1 Booth #2537) can see demonstrations of the Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite 8.0, the industry's most comprehensive platform for business mobility. Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite 8.0 combines a comprehensive platform of wireless email, file synchronization and application synchronization, with the full security, asset collection, reporting, and control via fully integrated device management.
Nokia will also be showcasing its business optimized Nokia Eseries devices, as well as software and enhancements at the show. Highlights include Nokia E62 and the anticipated second wave of Nokia Eseries business devices. In addition, featured offerings include other mobile application solutions such as business voice and VoIP over WLAN.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.