Via Giovanni Durando, 10
20158 Milan, it
+44 (20) 7183-2834
Neptuny presents Caplan 3.3
Caplan 3.3 new features include:
- Virtualization Planning
- Benchmark Management
- Tagging, Filtering and Searching enhancement
- Integration of new data sources
Caplan 3.3 provides two major features for supporting reallife virtualization planning:
- ability to simulate future placements (of both physical and virtual candidates) based on historical trends of resource consumptions and workloads
- ability to take also storage space constraints based on defined DataStores to identify the optimal allocation scenarios and to simulate DataStores configuration changes
Moreover, Caplan 3.3 also extends the ability to manage VMware ESX environments, including Resource Pool and DataStore related metrics, support for vApps and for tracking events such as DRS migrations.
Caplan 3.3 provides additional benchmark management capabilities, such as the ability to upload and then use custom benchmarks in the same way as the standard benchmarks (e.g. SPEC or TCP-C) already included as outofthebox by Caplan.
Easiness of use
Caplan 3.3 introduces further enhancements is terms of easiness of use, in particular to enable users to more flexibly tag, filter, search, group and manage entities to be included in capacity management activities.
More in detail, improvements for tagging are:
- ability to manually tag Entities, Domains, Analyses, Models and Reports
- ability to define configurable Tagging Rules (e.g. based on configuration metrics, regular expressions, ...) to automatically tag Entities, Domains, Analyses, Models and Reports
for filtering are:
- ability to easily define actionable groups of entities (aka Entity Filters) for both Systems and Workloads also based on results of dynamically executed search queries
- ability to leverage Entity Filters definitions, e.g. to define the scope of Analyses
for searching are:
- ability to search by tag
- ability to search also Analyses, Models, Reports, Domains in addition to Systems and Workloads
- ability to search by using advanced filtering (e.g. server:name) and conditional expressions
Integration of new data sources
Caplan 3.3 includes also several new and updated outofthebox connectors, such as:
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM): updated to ITM v6 and expanded to support additional Unix and Windows metrics
- VMWare vCenter: improved and updated to version (2.5) of vCenter API.
"Caplan new features", adds Giuseppe Nardiello, Neptuny's Business Development Manager, "are crucial elements in our strategy to enable our customers to safely deliver and manage virtualized infrastructures. Caplan 3.3 is a major step forward from both a Capacity and Virtualization Planning perspective".
Neptuny Caplan is the holistic, agentless, automated solution for large data centers and networks. Caplan supports Capacity Management for all IT resources, including physical and virtual servers, databases, applications, storage, networks and facilities. Caplan provides (both scheduled and ondemand) analyses, forecasts, whatif scenarios and reports that can be accessed from easytouse web interfaces and customizable dashboards.
Caplan enables customers to get better visibility over the performance and costs of their IT infrastructures, to safely optimize and rationalize them while ensuring an adequate level of service and to support decisions on how to change them to cope with expected business workload growth. In particular, Caplan helps customers to safely consolidate and virtualize their datacenters by means of optimal allocation plans, with respect to technical and business rules.
Caplan allows customers to reduce costs and avoid risks with a low operational effort and a minimal impact on production environments. Caplan "businessawareness" allows customers to associate capacity needs to measurable business data, thus achieving a better IT and Business alignment.
Caplan is also available as Softwareasa-Service (SaaS), thus bringing Capacity Management to small/mediumsized enterprises that cannot afford costs associated to onsite implementations, or even to larger (Enterpriselevel) companies that need to quickly setup Capacity Planning for a critical project (e.g. design of production environments from load testing results).
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.