61169 Friedberg, de
+49 (6142) 9204-370
Mitsubishi Concept CA-MiEV*
The suburban EV
From the pioneering i-MiEV in 2009 and a self-imposed objective of 20% of EV-based cars by 2020, MMC has already made significant steps in this direction as demonstrated with the all-new Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle ("PHEV") and its most innovative "Dual Design" architecture.
Expanding further, Mitsubishi Motors now explores the full electro-mobility engineering palette - Pure Electric (EV), Hybrid Electric (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric (PHEV) - hinted at through two concept cars world-premiered at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show, next to the New Outlander PHEV, one of which is the Concept CA-MiEV electric vehicle.
Supported by three years of i-MiEV global customer feedback since 2009 as well as continuous progress in battery technology and electric drivetrain, MMC now considers taking pure EVs beyond a mostly urban environment with a next generation compact EV such as this Concept CA-MiEV.
Whilst not planned for production, this concept car was intended as a showcase of the various technologies MMC intends to introduce mid- to long-term across its range of global vehicles.
*Compact & Advanced technology-MiEV
In particular, this demonstrator can rely on next generation EV systems and high density batteries, light weight as well as advanced aerodynamics to offer a 300 km driving range (or about one week of driving for an average European driver**), perfectly suited for suburban & country daily life.
Further innovative real-life features include magnetic resonance wireless charging technology, smartphone activated functions, etc,..
* Average driving distance in Europe: 14,000 km/year (source: ACEA)
Mitsubishi Motors first true concept car in years, Concept CA-MiEV can be understood as a declaration of intent, stressing the return to Engineering's primacy within the corporation to better serve (global) customer demand.
Already hinted at through the first products of MMC's latest product cycle (pioneering 44g/km* Outlander PHEV, lightweight 92 g/km* Global Small, etc,...), this creed will be further adhered to with the introduction of next generation technologies throughout the range over the coming years.
Design will play no small part in this new development with a clear emphasis on aerodynamic performance. After Global Small's segment record 0.27 Cd*, the 5-door Concept CA-MiEV compact hatchback takes the baton with a Cd target of 0.26.
Pebble-sleek, the arrow-shaped Concept CA-MiEV brings a degree of high tech sleekness to small car design, all the way to its unusual canopy sloping rear roof line.
Highly efficient (full flat floor, rear-view cameras, minimal air intakes, rear diffuser,...), Concept CAMiEV is also full of dramatic detailing - from the boomerang-sculptured front and rear lights to the ascending side character line enclosing the rear wheel arches to create a strong forward motion effect.
To power Concept CA-MiEV, MMC inaugurates its next generation high efficiency drivetrain, including:
- All-in-One integrated power unit (80 kW motor + inverter + charger) - to help with energy management, packaging and weight reduction.
- Compact flat battery pack - to help with packaging (esp. for possible later applications like range extender, ...) and better long term battery performance.
- Magnetic resonance wireless charging technology - to help with user-friendliness, as jointly announced in September 2011* by WiTricity Corporation, IHI Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation and currently under investigation and testing.
- High density energy Lithium-ion batteries - to help with energy efficiency and also with packaging (28 Kwh available).
Roomy, sleek, lightweight and efficient, a future electric vehicle like Concept CA-MiEV - but also any future ICE, HEV or PHEV Mitsubishi vehicle for that matter) shall also be connected to the rest of the planet, infrastructure permitting, with telematics features such as:
- Automatic e-mailing in case of theft
- Automatic e-calling in case of an emergency
- Remote controlling (engine start/no start, panic alarm, door locking, ...)
- Data transfer (maps,...) from smartphone to in-car system
- Remote energy monitoring or pre-heating for EVs and PHEVs (already featured with Outlander PHEV)
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.