Eyes on Southeast Asia
Space bookings for indometal 2013 now open!
"We are proud to announce that we are further expanding our presence in Southeast Asia, offering our customers and partners even more opportunities to widen and strengthen their presence in Indonesia and the region", says Gernot Ringling, Managing Director of Messe Düsseldorf Asia. With a population of 240 million and its ideal geographical position, Indonesia presents the largest market in Southeast Asia and the fastest growing economy after China and India. "We trust that these factors combined with growing domestic demand, investment in capacity addition and favourable government regulations will benefit all participants at indometal 2013", he adds.
Moreover the steel industry in ASEAN registered a double digit growth of 16.8% in 2010, mainly due to the high growth rates in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. The integration of Southeast Asia's economies into a single production base, the ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA), is yet another attraction of the region as tariff barriers are eliminated among its member countries.
indometal 2013 addresses all partners involved in the metal and steel industries from raw materials, processing and equipment to production and logistics. In order to provide transparency and to offer improved orientation the organisers have divided the range on display in the following six main segments:
- Metallurgical technology
- Thermo process technology
- Foundry machinery, equipment and supplies
- Accessories and components
- Semi-finished and finished products
With the theme 'Forging Ahead' the debut of indometal 2013 is jointly organised by Messe Düsseldorf Asia and local exhibition organiser PT Wahana Kemalaniaga Makmur (WAKENI). Besides their dedicated team, expertise, extensive global network and commitment to delivering world-class events, the organisers will also work closely with the GIFA, METEC, THERMPROCESS and NEWCAST teams at Messe Düsseldorf GmbH to provide the ideal gateway to Indonesia's dynamic metal and steel industry.
In addition, indometal 2013 benefits from the comprehensive support of the following industry organisations:
- Federation of Indonesian Metalworks & Machinery Industries Association (GAMMA)
- Association of Metalwork and Machinery (ASPEP)
- Association of Indonesian Metal Foundry (APLINDO)
- Indonesian Foundrymen's Association (HAPLI)
- Indonesian Electric Cable Manufacturer's Association (APKABEL)
- Indonesian Iron & Steel Industry Association (IISIA)
- Indonesian Automotive Parts & Components Industries Association (GIAMM)
- The Indonesian Packaging Federation (IPF)
- Indonesian Exhibition Companies Association (IECA)
- Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN)
- Ministry of Industry, Republic of Indonesia
For more information on indometal 2013, please visit www.indometal.net
Messe Düsseldorf GmbH
Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is one of the world's most successful exhibition organisers, responsible for organising more than 20 of the world's number one exhibitions in various industries including foundry technology, casting products, metallurgy and thermo process technology, namely, the globally acclaimed GIFA, METEC, THERMPROCESS and NEWCAST held in Düsseldorf, Germany. Its subsidiary office, Messe Düsseldorf Asia, with extensive expertise in organising trade fairs in Southeast Asia, has developed a portfolio of numerous trade fairs in Southeast Asia since 1995. PT Wahana Kemalaniaga Makmur (WAKENI) represents Messe Düsseldorf GmbH for the marketing and promotion of its trade fairs to the Indonesian market since 1991.