Industrial Las Labradas, Vial País Vasco nº 13
31500 Tudela (Navarra), es
MECASOLAR presents its new universal foundation screw MECASCREW at INTERSOLAR
- The universal Foundation screw "mecascrew" can adapt to all types of terrain and structures for fixed photovoltaic installations, without the need for concrete.
- In addition to providing the screw, MECASOLAR offers a fastening service on the farm and the installation of the fixed structure, including conducting topographic and geotechnical studies.
- The new MECASOLAR product is manufactured in galvanized steel under the ISO 1461 standard, providing the screw maximum durability and the possibility of being recycled.
- The product will be presented at two major industry events, Intersolar Europa (Munich, June 8 -10) and Intersolar USA (San Francisco, July 12 -14)
- This new product joins the current MECASOLAR product catalogue comprising 2-axis solar trackers, 1-axis seasonal trackers and fixed structures, products designed and manufactured by the Spanish company which have a high level of implementation and are of recognised prestige on the international market.
- The company, which has factories in Spain, Italy, Greece, Canada and the United States has up to 2010 installed more than 282 W throughout the world.
- MECASOLAR has also just launched its new website (www.mecasolar.com), which with 438,000 annual visits - an average of 1,200 visits daily - has become a place of reference for the sector, as has PROINSO's Web (www.proinso.net), the company from the Grupo OPDE, whose visits exceed 650,000 per year, with an average of 1,800 daily visits.
MECASOLAR- The Spanish company specializing in the design, manufacture and distribution of solar trackers and fixed structures, launches onto the market and incorporates into its product portfolio its own foundation screw for solar photovoltaic installations, which has been designed and manufactured by the company. The new product, dubbed "mecascrew" will be presented shortly at two major international events in the sector, Intersolar Europa (Hall C4 - Stand 210) to be held in Munich from 8 to 10 June, and Intersolar North America (Hall, Booth 9763) which will be held in San Francisco from July 12-14
The foundation screw that MECASOLAR has added to its portfolio of products adapts at all times to the needs of the terrain and the plot of land (soft, medium and hard), after having been tested by the technical team of the company. It is also compatible with all types of fixed structures for photovoltaic installations on the market, which makes it a universal screw since the screw head can be customized for different structures. Both differential advantages give it a universal character.
The company's extensive experience has allowed it to design a versatile foundation screw that adapts to the needs of the structures required by the customer. In addition it is made of hot galvanized steel in accordance with ISO 1461, which gives the screw maximum durability.
MECASOLAR highlight their satisfaction at being able to, "offer a universal solution to the customer and satisfy their needs, adapting to them at all times." Another advantage of this new product is that it is not necessary to use concrete for the installation of the structure, allowing easy installation, with the consequent reduction in assembly time and preparation of the plot.
In this sense, MECASOLAR highlights that their new foundation screw requires almost zero preparation of the site, since no land clearance has to be carried out, with the consequent savings in civil works.
Thus, the estimates made by the company indicate that the installation time, depending on the fixed structure and the land, is around 3 to 4 MW in a week using a single machine, making it one of the fastest installable on the market. In addition they are noteworthy for their ease of extraction, reducing the environmental impact and reducing the costs of removal. Besides, as they are made from galvanized steel they are recyclable.
The MECASOLAR foundation screw, mecascrew, carries a 25 year warranty against corrosion for soils with pH values of 6 and higher and ohmic resistance at 800 ohm-cm, as long as the ground has not been altered with respect to the initial geotechnical conditions
SPECIAL INSTALLATION SERVICE
The Installation of the new "mecascrew" foundation screw basically consists of four phases: Topography (topographic survey of the plot); Geotechnics (field study), Screw fastening to the ground (automated installation using specific machines guided by GPS) and the installation of the fixed structure, all of which adapt to customer deadlines and requirements.
MECASOLAR includes in its installation service:
- Land Survey: Conducting a land survey of the plot to obtain a topographic map on the scale required with contours (for the correct fit of the solar plant.)
- Geotechnical Study: Determine the nature, thickness, distribution and geotechnical properties of each of the existing materials in the plot under study. It also determines whether there is a water table, the potential aggressiveness of the land and/or water, the maximum load, and all the physical, chemical and geothermal characteristics of the materials.
- GPS Screw Installation: The mecascrew installation is done automatically using the layout issued by the screw installation machine software.
- Installation of the fixed structure.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.