New for IBC008 - LYNX Technik AG Launches Dual-Channel SD/HD Frame Synchronizer
The P VD 5660 FLEXCARD includes full embedded and external audio support
The new FLEXCARD SD/HD frame synchronizer (model: P VD 5660) expands the LYNX Series 5000 processing module line and offers the same superior performance that the LYNX signal processing solutions have become known for industry wide.
The P VD 5660 is a dual-channel SD/HD-SDI Frame Synchronizer with full audio support (embedded and external). Going beyond the typical functionality of a frame synchronizer, the P VD 5660 features numerous fully integrated options such as an up-conversion, down-conversion, cross-conversion, test pattern generation, internal signal routing, and aspect ratio conversion. Possibilities are endless with this new multi-purpose signal processing platform.
This new module provides auto-sensing SD and HD input support and the four independent outputs are user mapped to any of the two input sources or internal conversion resources It uses 10-bit internal processing for high quality format conversion and image quality. It also includes extensive audio processing capabilities featuring two 16 channel de-embedders, multiple internal mono crossbars with full audio processing, plus four independent output embedders that provide unrivalled audio processing flexibility. All features and user settings are accessible through the LYNX control system Windows GUI interface, and stored on internal flash memory.
LYNX FLEXCARD modules are designed all around flexibility. Invest in the functionality you need right now, and upgrade quickly by purchasing license codes for added features in the future. This eliminates the need to purchase new hardware, and absolutely no reprogramming is required.
The P VD 5660 is available in two models - one providing balanced AES3 I/O, the other unbalanced AES3id I/O.
Key Features of the new P VD 5660 FLEXCARD include:
- Offers two independent channels of fully featured frame synchronizers with user selectable signal routing. This allows the internal ARCs (aspect ratio converters), down / up / cross converters to be mapped across any input and output combination.
- Handles signals with minimal processing delay with a single frame delay when using the frame synchronizer with ARC and down converters feature set. And, only a two frame delay when the up converter feature set is enabled. Each channel of the frame synchronizer also has programmable video and audio delay depending on your system timing.
- Includes extensive audio processing capabilities featuring two 16 channel de-embedders, multiple internal mono crossbars with full audio processing, plus four independent output embedders that provide unrivalled audio processing flexibility.
- The module's functionality is customizable to your specific application. This means you can invest in the feature set you need right now and upgrade in the future without buying new hardware.
- Small form factor - modules are accommodated in a compact 2RU rack frame with each rack frame accepting up to 5 modules (10 channels). This makes the P VD 5660 FLEXCARD an ideal solution for outside broadcast applications or anywhere space is at a premium.
The LYNX range of signal processing equipment is versatile and reliable, has been rigorously tested, and has been proven to work in the most demanding of multi-format environments. Applications include; mobile vans (OB trucks), broadcast master control rooms, production studios, network operating centers, post production, video duplication facilities, and more.
LYNX Technik has designed their full line of SD/HD frame synchronizers to offer broadcast professionals an affordable, compact and extremely flexible solution for audio and video processing. They have been designed to satisfy all of today's most demanding digital Broadcast requirements and have been configured to meet the needs of a variety of levels of technical sophistication.
LYNX Technik AG
LYNX Technik AG is an industry leader and technology provider of terminal equipment for broadcast and professional use. LYNX Technik AG is an independent privately owned company with its headquarters, research and manufacturing facilities based in Weiterstadt, Germany. Sales and Support is covered through secondary distribution channels managed from its headquarters in Germany and the USA.
For more information about LYNX Technik’s products & services please visit: www.lynx-technik.com. For sales, please contact visit the website, or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more, please visit LYNX Technik AG at IBC2008, Booth #8.A39