Universal LED Driver Features
360mA Output Current, Independent Control Of 18 LEDs with Low Noise and up to 91% Efficiency
The LTC3220/-1’s multimode charge pump features low-noise constant-frequency operation, automatically optimizing efficiency based on the voltages across the LED current sources. The device powers up in 1x mode and automatically switches to boost mode (1.5x) when any enabled LED current source approaches dropout; a subsequent dropout switches the device into doubler (2x) mode. Internal circuitry prevents inrush current and excessive input noise during start-up and mode switching. In addition, the device has short circuit and thermal protection.
The LTC3220/-1 is available from stock in the ultra-thin (0.55mm) 28-lead QFN (4mm x 4mm) package. The IC requires only five small capacitors for a tiny, complete LED power supply and current controller solution. Pricing starts at $2.35 each for 1,000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC3220/-1
- 18x20mA Independently Configurable Universal Current Sources with 64-Step Linear Brightness Control
- Independent ON/OFF, Brightness Level, Blinking and Gradation Control for Each Current Source Using 2-Wire I2C Interface
- Multimode 1x/1.5x/2x Low Noise Charge Pump Provides up to 91% Efficiency
- Slew Rate Limited Switching Reduces Conducted & Radiated Noise (EMI)
- Up to 360mA Total Output Current
- 2.9V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range Optimized for Li-Ion/Polymer Applications
- Internal Current Reference
- Single Reset Pin for Asynchronous Shutdown and Reset of All Data Registers
- Two I2C Addresses are Available (LTC3220: 0011100; LTC3220-1: 0011101)
- Automatic or Forced Mode Switching
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Short Circuit/Thermal Protection
- Ultrathin (0.55mm) 4mm x 4mm QFN-28 Package
LINEAR TECHNOLOGY GmbH
Linear Technology Corporation, a manufacturer of high performance linear integrated circuits, was founded in 1981, became a public company in 1986 and joined the S&P 500 index of major public companies in 2000. Linear Technology products include high performance amplifiers, comparators, voltage references, monolithic filters, linear regulators, DC-DC converters, battery chargers, data converters, communications interface circuits, RF signal conditioning circuits, uModule(TM) products, and many other analog functions. Applications for Linear Technology's high performance circuits include telecommunications, cellular telephones, networking products such as optical switches, notebook and desktop computers, computer peripherals, video/multimedia, industrial instrumentation, security monitoring devices, high-end consumer products such as digital cameras and MP3 players, complex medical devices, automotive electronics, factory automation, process control, and military and space systems. For more information, visit www.linear.com.
LT, LTC, LTM, Burst Mode and are registered trademarks and uModule is a trademark of Linear Technology Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Elektrotechnik":
Das IoT steht in Deutschland kurz vor dem Durchbruch
Mehr als die Hälfte der deutschen Unternehmen planen für das laufende Jahr die Einführung von IoT-Plattformen. Das legt die Studie „Internet of Things in Deutschland 2018“ nahe, für die das Marktforschungsunternehmen IDC im Januar 2018 insgesamt 444 Organisationen mit mehr 100 Mitarbeitern befragte. Viele der Umfrageteilnehmer wollen demnach auch neue Techniken wie Blockchain und Datenanalyse „at the edge“ nutzen.Weiterlesen