Universal Cell Phone LED/CAM Driver Features 600mA Total Output Current & 92% Efficiency
The LTC3207's multimode charge pump features low-noise constant-frequency operation, automatically optimizing efficiency based on VIN and LED forward voltage conditions. The device powers up in 1x mode and automatically switches to boost mode (1.5x) when any enabled LED current source approaches dropout; a subsequent dropout switches the device into doubler (2x) mode. Internal circuitry prevents inrush current and excessive input noise during start-up and mode switching. In addition, the device has short circuit and thermal protection.
The LTC3207 is available from stock in the low-profile 24-lead QFN (4mm x 4mm) package. The IC requires only five small capacitors to create a tiny, complete LED power supply and current controller solution. Pricing starts at $1.95 each for 1,000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC3207
- Multimode 1x/1.5x/2x Charge Pump Provides up to 92% Efficiency
- Slew Limited Switching Reduces Conducted & Radiated Noise (EMI)
- Up to 600mA Total Output Current
- 12 Universal Independently Configurable 28mA Current Sources with 64-Step Linear Brightness Control
- 400mA CAM LED Current Source with 16-Step Linear Brightness Control and 2-Second High Current Safety Timer
- Independent ON/OFF, Brightness Level, Blinking and Gradation Control for Each Current Source Using 2-Wire I2C Interface
- Automatic or Manual Mode Switching
- Low Noise, Constant Frequency Operation
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Short Circuit/Thermal Protection
- 2.9V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
" Low-Profile 4mm x 4mm x 0.75mm QFN-24 Package
LINEAR TECHNOLOGY GmbH
Linear Technology Corporation, a manufacturer of high performance linear integrated circuits, was founded in 1981, became a public company in 1986 and joined the S&P 500 index of major public companies in 2000. Linear Technology products include high performance amplifiers, comparators, voltage references, monolithic filters, linear regulators, DC-DC converters, battery chargers, data converters, communications interface circuits, RF signal conditioning circuits, uModule(TM) products, and many other analog functions. Applications for Linear Technology's high performance circuits include telecommunications, cellular telephones, networking products such as optical switches, notebook and desktop computers, computer peripherals, video/multimedia, industrial instrumentation, security monitoring devices, high-end consumer products such as digital cameras and MP3 players, complex medical devices, automotive electronics, factory automation, process control, and military and space systems. For more information, visit www.linear.com.
LT, LTC, LTM, Burst Mode and are registered trademarks and uModule is a trademark of Linear Technology Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Electrical Engineering":
„Digitale Zwillinge“ dringen in den Alltag vor
Wie eine aktuelle Studie von Deloitte zeigt, werden Digital Twins oder „Digitale Zwillinge“ im Alltagsleben der Verbraucher eine größere Rolle spielen. Das gilt vor allem für Szenarien wie Smart Home, Connected Cars oder das Gesundheitswesen.Weiterlesen