Tiny USB PowerPath Manager Withstands 60V Inputs
The LTC4090’s front-end switching regulator features Bat-Trackä adaptive output control, greatly improving the efficiency of its 1.5A-capable battery charger as the internal switching regulator’s output voltage automatically tracks the battery voltage by 300mV. Instant-on operation ensures system power is available as soon as the input supply is available, even with a dead or missing battery. The battery charger’s float voltage is preset at 4.2V with guaranteed 1.0% accuracy from -40°C to 85°C. Charge current is easily programmed using a single resistor. For battery pre-conditioning and qualification, fully discharged cells are automatically trickle charged at 10% of the programmed current until the cell voltage exceeds 2.9V. Total charge time for charge termination is programmed by an external capacitor, and a C/10 charge current detection output is provided. Additional functions include 5x/1x USB current limiting, thermal regulation, an NTC thermistor input for temperature-qualified charging, automatic recharging of the battery, reverse current blocking, and under-voltage lockout.
The LTC4090 is housed in a low-profile (0.75mm) tiny 22-pin 3mm x 6mm DFN package, and is guaranteed for operation from -40°C to 85°C.
Summary of Features: LTC4090
- Single-IC USB Power Manager, Ideal Diode Controller & High Voltage Battery Charger
- Seamless Transition Between Input Power Sources: Lithium Battery, USB, and High Voltage 6V-38V (60V max) External Supply
- 2A Output High Voltage Buck Regulator with Bat-Track Adaptive Output Control
- Standalone High Efficiency 1.5A Battery Charger with Thermal Limiting
- 5x/1x USB Current Limiting
- Instant-on Operation Ensures Full System Power
- 200mOhm Internal Ideal Diode plus Optional External Ideal Diode Controller Provides Low-Loss Power Path when External Supply/USB not Present
- Load Dependent Charging from USB Input Guarantees Current Compliance
- Preset 4.2V Charge Voltage with 1.0% Initial Accuracy over Temperature
- Timer Termination with C/10 Charge Current Detection Output
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Compact, Low Profile (0.75mm) 3mm x 6mm DFN-22 Package
LINEAR TECHNOLOGY GmbH
Linear Technology Corporation, a manufacturer of high performance linear integrated circuits, was founded in 1981, became a public company in 1986 and joined the S&P 500 index of major public companies in 2000. Linear Technology products include high performance amplifiers, comparators, voltage references, monolithic filters, linear regulators, DC-DC converters, battery chargers, data converters, communications interface circuits, RF signal conditioning circuits, uModule(TM) products, and many other analog functions. Applications for Linear Technology's high performance circuits include telecommunications, cellular telephones, networking products such as optical switches, notebook and desktop computers, computer peripherals, video/multimedia, industrial instrumentation, security monitoring devices, high-end consumer products such as digital cameras and MP3 players, complex medical devices, automotive electronics, factory automation, process control, and military and space systems. For more information, visit www.linear.com.
LT, LTC, LTM, Burst Mode and are registered trademarks and uModule is a trademark of Linear Technology Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Elektrotechnik":
Splunk wertet industrielle IoT-Daten aus
Mit Splunk Industrial Asset Intelligence (IAI) stellt der Spezialist für Maschinendaten seine erste Lösung für das Internet der Dinge (IoT) vor. Sie ermöglicht die Auswertung industrieller IoT-Daten.Weiterlesen