Switch Mode USB Power Manager, Buck-Boost & Dual Buck Regulator PMIC Maximizes Battery Runtime & Minimizes Heat
The LTC3556 switching regulator’s internal low RDS(ON) switches enable efficiency as high as 94%, maximizing battery run time. In addition, Burst Mode® operation optimizes efficiency at light loads with a quiescent current of only 20uA for the buck-boost regulator and only 35uA for each buck regulator (<1uA each in shutdown for all). The high 2.25MHz switching frequency allows the use of tiny low cost capacitors and inductors less than 1mm in height. Furthermore, the regulators are stable with ceramic output capacitors, achieving very low output voltage ripple.
The LTC3556 features USB-compatible programmable current limiting to 100mA/500mA/1A, while its Bat-Track™ adaptive output control enables high efficiency battery charging and reduces power dissipation. Stand-alone autonomous operation simplifies design, eliminating the need for an external microprocessor for battery charge termination. To preserve battery energy, the LTC3556 draws only 44uA in suspend mode. The charger is compatible with inputs up to 5.5V (7V absolute maximum transient for added robustness).
The LTC3556 is available from stock in a compact, low-profile (0.75mm) 4mm x 5mm QFN-28 package.
Summary of Features: LTC3556
- Complete Multi-Function PMIC: Switching Power Manager, Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger, Buck-Boost Regulator, Dual Buck Regulators & LDO
- Thermally Enhanced, Low Profile (0.75mm) 28-Lead 4mm x 5mm QFN Package Power Manager & Battery Charger
- High Efficiency Switching PowerPath Controller with Bat-Track Adaptive Output Control
- Maximum Charge Current Programmable up to 1.5A from Wall Adapter
- Up to 700mA Charge Current from USB Port DC/DC Converters
- High Efficiency Buck-Boost Regulator: 1A IOUT
- Buck-Boost Regulator Adjustable Output Voltage Range: 2.75V to 5.5V
- Two High Efficiency 2.25MHz Synchronous Buck Regulators: 400mA/400mA IOUT
- Buck Regulator Adjustable Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to VBAT
- Burst Mode Operation for Low IQ: 20uA for Buck-Boost, 35uA per Buck Regulator
- Always-On 3.3V/25mA LDO
LINEAR TECHNOLOGY GmbH
Linear Technology Corporation, a manufacturer of high performance linear integrated circuits, was founded in 1981, became a public company in 1986 and joined the S&P 500 index of major public companies in 2000. Linear Technology products include high performance amplifiers, comparators, voltage references, monolithic filters, linear regulators, DC-DC converters, battery chargers, data converters, communications interface circuits, RF signal conditioning circuits, uModule(TM) products, and many other analog functions. Applications for Linear Technology's high performance circuits include telecommunications, cellular telephones, networking products such as optical switches, notebook and desktop computers, computer peripherals, video/multimedia, industrial instrumentation, security monitoring devices, high-end consumer products such as digital cameras and MP3 players, complex medical devices, automotive electronics, factory automation, process control, and military and space systems. For more information, visit www.linear.com.
LT, LTC, LTM, Burst Mode and are registered trademarks and uModule is a trademark of Linear Technology Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Elektrotechnik":
Unternehmen suchen Unterstützung bei der Digitalisierung
Eine Umfrage des Digitalverbands Bitkom ergab, dass fast jedes zweite Unternehmen (43 Prozent) externe Beratung in Anspruch nimmt, um die Digitalisierung voranzutreiben.Weiterlesen