Liebherr and Vladimir Luzyanin form joint venture in Russia
Among other things, the new company, headquartered in Nizhny Novgorod, will be responsible for the development and production of hydraulic components for civil aviation, for example hydraulic cylinder assemblies. There are plans to build a suitable production hall in 2008, ready to go into operation in 2009. Initially, 50 or so people will be employed at Liebherr-Aerospace Nizhny Novgorod OOO. Investments in this project should total around €15 million.
The Nizhny Novgorod site is already home to Liebherr-Nizhny Novgorod OOO, established by the Liebherr Group in 2006. This company will start by manufacturing various construction-machinery components in a production plant that is yet to be built. The production facilities for the aviation segment will be situated on the same site.
Hydromash JSC was set up in Moscow in 1805 as a coach manufacturer. Nowadays, it is recognised the world over as a leading Russian company in the development, production and testing of landing gears, hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic power units for all types of aircraft, including business aircraft and helicopters.
Various Yakovlev, Ilyushin and Tupolev aircraft and virtually all MiG and Sukhoi fighter jets fly on Hydromash landing gear. Helicopters such as the Mi-8, Mi-24, Mi-26, Mi-28, Ka-26, Ka-50 etc. are fitted with Hydromash landing gear and hydraulic power units. Hydromash also developed and manufactured custom-made landing gear for the Buran space shuttle.
Since the early Nineties, Hydromash has been working actively and successfully with companies such as Airbus, Liebherr-Aerospace, Liebherr-Hydraulikbagger, Jungheinrich and others.
The company is equipped with high-performance machines and highly accurate tools manufactured by leading, worldrenowned companies. Hydromash’s QS-System was certified via AeroCert and via the Military Register. The company’s orders in 2007 amounted to 1,750 million roubles (€50 million).
Seven months into the current year, Hydromash has seen a 37.7% increase in production on the same period in 2006.
Liebherr-Aerospace Lindenberg GmbH
The Liebherr family business was established in 1949 by Hans Liebherr. The great success of his first mobile, easy-toassemble and affordable tower crane was the foundation on which the company flourished. Today Liebherr is not only one of the world’s leading manufacturers of construction machinery but is also an acknowledged supplier of technically innovative, user-oriented products and services in numerous other fields. Over the years the family business has grown into what is today a group of companies, employing a workforce of approx. 27,000 in more than 100 companies on all continents. A turnover of around €6.5 billion was recorded in 2006.
The decentrally organised Liebherr Group is divided into company units of manageable size, which operate independently.
This is to ensure proximity to the customer and an ability to respond flexibly to market signals on the global field.
Operative management of the production and sales companies for the individual product segments lies in the hands of divisional control companies. The Liebherr Group’s holding company is Liebherr-International AG in Bulle, Switzerland, which is entirely owned by members of the Liebherr family.
The family business is already in the hands of the second generation and is jointly managed by siblings Isolde Liebherr and Dr Willi Liebherr, President of the Administrative Committee of Liebherr-International AG.