LEWA is becoming ECOfit
LEWA production in Leonberg: the focus is on energy and water consumption
Therefore, it goes without saying that LEWA also places great importance on having environmentally sound production and actively participating in "ECOfit," the corporate environment program of the State of Baden-Württemberg. In this context individual items such as waste management, air pollution control, use of water, and saving energy are inspected and evaluated.
ECOfit consists of three program parts:
- Joint workshops for companies from different sectors and of different sizes on topics related to companies' protection of the environment.
- Individual environmental consultation in all companies by experienced environmental consultants.
- An inspection of the companies by an independent commission as well as issuance of a certificate by the city council.
The advantage: the participating companies profit from the productive mutual exchange of experiences and can improve their contact with local authorities. Striving toward continuous improvement of environmental protection, ECOfit also creates a basis in the companies for obtaining certification according to EMAS or ISO 14001 later on.
Specific steps which are planned at LEWA aim at energy and water consumption. In production, compressed air treatment and distribution are closely examined, and timers for the lights save electricity. These measures already help to save large amounts of energy in the short term. They are to reduce annual electricity costs by 4,000 euros. Additional savings potentials are still being examined.
Per capita water consumption is 55 l a day at the Leonberg plant - while production needs just 5 l, the entire rest goes into the sanitary installations. This is to change: in the short term, LEWA is looking at savings of up to 15% water - reducing per capita consumption to 39 l daily. This will be achieved by installing waterless urinals and more economical toilet tanks. The investment in the amount of 12,000 euros will be amortized in just over two years.
Another indication for LEWA regarding the subjects of environmental protection and preservation of resources as a sustainable task is the environment day planned for November 2008, whose motto will be: "Green Technologies Day."
- Dosier- u. Mischanlagen
- On- & Offshore Anlagen & Systeme
- Condition Monitoring Systeme
- Weltweite After Sales Services
- Öl & Gas (upstream & downstream)
- Chemie & Petrochemie
- Pharma & Kosmetik
- Lebensmittel & Getränke
- Wasch- & Reinigungsmittel
- Specials (wie z.B. Odorierung)