85386 Eching, de
+49 (2405) 45267-20
Kontron to show new ATCA processor blade and carrier grade communication rackmount server based on future Intel Xeon processor E5 family at Mobile World Congress
TEM evaluations already in place for 4G wireless and carrier cloud computing environments
The selection of the future Intel processor family will prove to be the best combination of performance, power efficiency and cost for numerous high bandwidth network applications designed by telecom equipment manufacturers (TEMs) and deployed by carriers across 4G LTE, IPTV/content delivery and carrier cloud computing networks.
Telecom, network and broadcast equipment vendors seeking new high performance system level designs will appreciate the boost in dual-socket, 8-core processing power complemented by value-added, intelligent features that include new Kontron client-controlled power management that optimizes performance within pre-set power consumption policies.
Preliminary insights into the two products include:
Kontron 10G ATCA processor blade AT8060- 16 cores across 2 sockets, AMC Slot
This is a sixth-generation Intel-based AdvancedTCA processor blade from Kontron, and is the only available blade that can accommodate an AdvancedMC slot in conjunction with a dual socket, 8-core per processor approach. This enables further customization by populating the blade with other specialized AMCs including packet processing and storage modules.
- Dual (up to) 8 core, 16T future Intel Xeon E5 processors (16C, 32T per 2S E5 system)
- Dual 8GT/s QPI interfaces between both processors for lowest PCIe and memory latency
- Up to 64GB DDR3 on 4 DIMM sockets per processor
- AMC bay with PCIe x8 Gen2 + SATA connectivity
- Kontron Dynamic Power Management via Intel Power Node Manager
- Integrated SAS and PCIe 3.0
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions, Intel Trusted Execution Technology, and Intel AES New instructions
- Rear Transition Module RTM8063 with 2 hot swap 2.5'' SAS hard drives
Kontron 2U carrier grade communication rackmount server CG2200
Kontron designed the CG2200 with high density processing performance and an optimized I/O and storage feature set, with either dual redundant AC or DC power options. This 20" deep ruggedized server is built to meet NEBS level-3 compliance and is backed by an extended lifecycle.
- Dual 8 Core, 16T future Intel Xeon E5 processors (16C, 32T per 2S E5 system);
- 16 slot, 4 channel support of DDR3 RDIMM/UDIMM; supports 256GB maximum (with 16GB DIMM);
- Optimized for PCI-E IO card implementation with PCI-E riser and LP card support ;
- Hot-Swap 2.5 SAS/SATA HDDs
- Hot swap, redundant fans
- Integrated BMC (iBMC) with advanced options; RMM4
- Front panel: 1 serial, 1 USB 2.0
- Rear panel: 1 serial, 4 USB 2.0, 1 management NIC port
- Quad rear GbE NIC ports (standard)
Reducing the 'Total Cost of Ownership'
In the rush to deploy new network solutions to the carrier market, TEMs cannot afford to waste valuable resources on non-core competencies. From initial product conception to market deployment, Kontron alleviates this challenge by working with TEMs to manage the complex validation and integration of all building-block hardware and software components. Clients remain focused on developing their key application software and deploying them on the most appropriate carrier grade, integrated platform. Kontron's offers comprehensive lifecycle management and ensures seamless migrations of next generation hardware for the "future proofing" of applications to achieve a much lower overall cost of ownership.
Kontron 10G ATCA processor blade AT8060
Kontron 2U carrier grade communication rackmount server CG2200.
For more information on the Kontron 10G processor blade AT8060, please go to: http://kontron.com/products/boards+and+mezzanines/advancedtca/processor/at8060.html
For more information on the Kontron 2U carrier grade communication rackmount server CG2200, please go to: http://kontron.com/products/systems+and+platforms/communication+rackmount+servers/carrier+grade+servers/cg2200.html>
For more information about AdvancedTCA, please go to: http://www.kontron.com/AdvancedTCA
For more information about Communication Rack Mount Servers, please go to: http://www.kontron.com/CRMS
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.