63179 Obertshausen, de
+49 (6104) 402-274
Small machines generate great interest
KARL MAYER held an in-house machine show and workshops for the DJ 6/2 EL and DJ 4/2 from 26-27.01.2010
A DJ 6/2 EL, which was producing a ladies' dress with a drawstring waistband, and a DJ 4/2, which was working a stretch top, were being exhibited at KARL MAYER's machine show. Both of these garments were being produced at incredibly high speeds from a single piece. Whereas the doublebar raschel machine with six guide bars can operate at maximum speeds of 375 min-1 and thus produced 5.8 complete dresses per hour, the version having fewer guide bars can operate at speeds of up to 450 min-1. This was equivalent to 10.7 tops per hour for the model being shown at the inhouse event. The machines in the DJ series are therefore not only fast, they are also extremely flexible. A wide range of patterning options and the possibility of being able to change over the design quickly guarantee a high production rate, even when processing small batches, which is an important requirement for being successful in niche segments.
The guests of the machinery exhibition showed a vivid interest in this event. They had lively discussions with KARL MAYER's development experts and sales managers especially about the following topics:
- Production of fish net tights implying the possibility to manufacture tubular structures of different diameters, and the specific placing of hole and/or net patterns, requiring a minimum of makingup but offering a maximum of diversity
- Machine potentials with regard to design change in the sophisticated and complex fashion market with its short collection cycles
- Manufacture of fashion articles like dresses, skirts and shirts produced in longitudinal direction, partly several times side by side, offering a wide range of patterns
- Production of medical and sports textiles with seamlessly integrated functional zones, clear contouring, defined placing of certain features and predetermined sizes
- Exceptionally high efficiency during the manufacturing process
In the course of the interesting discussions it became evident that the DJ machine series offers a lot of new ideas, fresh impetus as well as numerous possibilities for all these application areas - at the same time being a perfect evidence for the tailormade design of these smart compact machines.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.