JDSU Introduces New All-in-One Test Tool for Cost-Effective Deployment of Broadband Networks and Services
With all the benefits of the T-BERD/MTS-4000 -- including a large transreflective touch screen display, visual fault locator (VFL) and inspection scope -- the metroaccess (MA) midrange OTDR adds these important performance benefits:
- a stabilized light source and power meter option for insertion loss measurement, to help reduce the number of tools in the field;
- PONoptimized dynamic range for testing through splitters;
- the ability to perform inservice testing - all OTDR lasers are coupled into one port so a separate port is not required for live fiber testing (a filtered version tests live fibers at 1625 nm or 1650 nm);
- traffic detection that will alert the user if they have connected to a live fiber and inhibit the transmission of any test pulse down the fiber; and
- an automated bend detection mode that enables immediate identification and location of macro and micro bends.
"JDSU continues to bring to market innovative fiber field test solutions that meet the performance requirements of FTTx, CWDM and triple play services being deployed worldwide," said Enzo di Luigi, general manager in JDSU's Communications Test and Measurement business segment. "As a result, our T-BERD/MTS family of products has become the industryleading solution for field service teams worldwide and our OTDRs are already successfully deployed at many of the world's largest telecom operators."
The MA midrange OTDR addresses the need for a more versatile solution that keeps pace with the growth of metro access networks. JDSU provides a highly modular and scalable platform able to handle many other applications such as CWDM OSA, xDSL/Copper and triple play.
JDSU Deutschland GmbH
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) enables broadband and optical innovation in the communications, commercial and consumer markets. JDSU is the leading provider of communications test and measurement solutions and optical products for telecommunications service providers, cable operators, and network equipment manufacturers. JDSU is also a leading provider of innovative optical solutions for medical/environmental instrumentation, semiconductor processing, display, brand authentication, aerospace and defense, and decorative applications. More information is available at www.jdsu.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Netzwerke":
4 Erfolgsfaktoren innovativer Unternehmen
Mitarbeiter werden durch Roboter ersetzt, Unternehmen treffen Entscheidungen auf Basis von Daten und Datenanalysen prognostizieren unsere Zukunft. Es wirkt fast so, als würde uns die Menschlichkeit ein bisschen fremd werden. Tatsächlich ist nichts weiter von der Wahrheit entfernt.Weiterlesen