6 Hays Lane
NWI 5R London
+49 (89) 747470-580
(ISC)²® Announces Newly Elected 2012 Board of Directors
Four information security experts from around the globe join governing body to represent the largest cyber security membership in the world
Effective January 1, 2012, the following individuals began serving three-year terms on (ISC)²'s Board of Directors:
- Daniel D. Houser, CISSP-ISSAP, CSSLP, senior security and identity architect for a Global 100 healthcare organization (U.S.A.)
- Wim Remes, CISSP, manager of Information Security at Ernst & Young ITRA FSO (Belgium)
- Prof. Jill Slay (AM), Ph.D., CISSP, Fellow of (ISC)2, dean: Research in the Division of IT, Engineering and the Environment at the University of South Australia, and professor of Forensic Computing (Australia)
- Greg Thompson, CISSP, vice president and deputy CISO at Scotiabank (Canada)
"Given the growing intensity of global security threats and the deepening need to fill the pipeline of cyber security professionals, the fresh, diverse perspectives and expertise of these new members will help us to address the current challenges that the cyber security professionals is are facing globally," said Freddy Tan, CISSP, acting (ISC)² board chairperson. "Last year, our Board made great strides, through introduction of new programs, scholarships and educational opportunities to our members and to benefit the broader digital community. We are pleased that these individuals will be joining a team of dedicated volunteers who have committed to providing their time and wisdom to representing the needs of and advancing the professionalism and competency of our members globally."
In addition to voting in the annual Board of Director elections, (ISC)2 members are also provided with exclusive membership benefits. Throughout 2011, the organization significantly expanded its offerings to include the introduction of:
- A new global Chapter Program, providing members with the opportunity to build their own chapters anywhere in the world;
- The first annual (ISC)2 Security Congress, designed specifically for the career development needs of (ISC)2 members; and
- The (ISC)2 Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that drives (ISC)2's goodwill programs, such as Safe and Secure Online and the Information Security Scholarship Program.
The four newly elected professionals will join the ranks of other top information security professionals from around the world representing academia, privateorganizations and government agencies. Each of the Board members volunteer to provide strategic direction for the organization and are (ISC)²-certified.
For a complete list of current Board members, please visit: https://www.isc2.org/board-of-directors.aspx. For information on the (ISC)² Board of Directors election process, please visit https://www.isc2.org/board-election-process.aspx.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.