CCH - Congess Center Hamburg - Am Dammtor
20355 Hamburg, de
+49 (6203) 9562-415
ISC'08 Set to Be Largest, Most Diverse European Supercomputing Conference
Participants can still register at www.isc08.org/registration
ISC'08 convenes June 17 - 20 at the Congress in Dresden. Participants can still register before the conference by going to http://www.isc08.org/registration. Visitor passes also can be purchased from the registration site. The conference offers two different visitor passes, each costing €150. Visitor Pass 1 provides access to events like the Exhibition Opening Party on Tuesday evening, June 17, Poster Sessions on June 17 and 18, the exhibit hall, Exhibitor Forum and Birds of a Feather sessions on Wednesday, June 18, and to the Get Together Party sponsored by Microsoft on the evening of Wednesday, June 18. Visitor Pass 2 provides access to similar events on Thursday, June 19, and to the Thursday afternoon Hot Seat Session.
Now in its 23rd year, ISC has seen tremendous growth in the past several years and expects more than 1,400 participants and about 90 exhibitors from industry and research organizations in Europe, Asia, and North America. All conference proceedings are conducted in English.
"ISC'08 will offer everything from keynote presentations by leaders in research and industry to many informal networking opportunities to the chance to see industry innovations and new products before they hit the market," said Conference General Chair Prof. Hans Meuer. "We also have some great pre-conference programs and after-hours activities, all in the historic city of Dresden."
Highlights of ISC'08:
- A special half-day session on how automotive firms are using HPC to stay in the race in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
- A panel discussion on how power requirements may be limiting HPC performance.
- The unveiling of the latest list of the world's TOP500 supercomputers. The big question this year: will the list contain the first system to break the 1 petaflop/s barrier?
- A review of HPC trends of the past year - and a look at what's in store for the year to come by noted expert Thomas Sterling.
- Two lively sessions during which representatives from some of the leading HPC vendors find themselves on the "hot seat" as they answer challenging questions.
- The opportunity to talk one-on-one with internationally known experts in the fields of HPC and computational science.
ISC has a well-established reputation for presenting well-founded, precise and up-to-date information in an environment that encourages informal conversations and sharing of ideas. To learn more about the conference program or to register, please visit the ISC '08 website at http://www.isc08.org/.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.