53113 Bonn, de
+49 (228) 2097-230
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has opened the call for abstracts for next August's VISTA 2011 Conference which will be held in Bonn, Germany
Due to a need for greater opportunities to discuss and exchange knowledge, the conference has become an important international event for elite sport for athletes with a disability. And with the theme 'A Multidisciplinary Approach to Paralympic Success', open communication on different topics is certain to bring about new and exciting discussions.
Ahead of the conference, the IPC is inviting members of the Paralympic community to send in their abstracts in the following areas:
- Athlete Development Models & Career Pathways
- Coaching Innovation
- Education & Awareness
- Equity in Sport: gender, athlete with high support needs, etc.
- Integration / Development / Recruitment
- Media / Marketing / Sponsoring
- Sport Management: Organization & Administration
- Social Legacies
- Sport performance - Exercise physiology, Advances in training techniques, Technical development, Sports medicine
- Youth in Paralympic Sport
Keynote addresses will also be given during the conference on the following priority themes for the Paralympic Movement by leading experts:
- International Sport Development
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Paralympic Movement: Ethical and Conceptual Issues
- Classification in the Paralympic Movement
The VISTA Conference next year will build on the success of previous events held in Jasper (Canada, 1993), Cologne (Germany, 1999), Bollnas (Sweden, 2003) and Bonn (Germany, 2006). Taking place from 31 August to 3 September, VISTA 2011, will be the principal conference for the Paralympic community.
Details on the conference, including registration and abstract submission procedures are available from the IPC Website at www.paralympic.org/events.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.