Hyperstone introduces S6, one of the worlds fastest and most robust MMC 4.2 and SD Card 2.0 compliant Flash Memory Controller
Based on the Hyperstone 32 Bit RISC core including instruction set extensions optimized for Flash handling, the S6 offers among others, safe power fail handling, proven error detection and correction, superior wear leveling that involves all physical blocks including the ones containing static data, satisfying the most demanding requirements regarding data traffic and power fail situations.
- Fully compliant to SD 1.01, 1.10, and 2.0 standards and to MMC 3.31, 4.1, and 4.2 standards
- Sustained read and write up to 42 and 25 MB/s respectively using SLC in MMC mode
- Sustained read and write up to 42 and 9 MB/s respectively using MLC in MMC mode
- Sustained read and write up to 24 and 23 MB/s respectively using SLC in SD mode and
- Sustained read and write up to 22 and 9 MB/s respectively using MLC in SD mode
- 2 Direct Flash Access (DFA) channels including 2 Sector Buffers and interleaving capability
- Data transfer rate to flash-memory of up to 40MB/s per channel
- Error Correcting Code (ECC) capable of correcting 4 symbols in a 512 Bytes sector with additional CRC
- On-chip voltage regulator for 1.8V and charge pump for 3.0V flash memory power supply
- Card operation current of less than 25 mA depending on flash, automatic power-down mode, power saving mode, automatic wake-up with sleep mode with ICC < 120 µA
- Additional General Purpose UART and optional ISO 7816-3 interface
"We have never compromised reliability and our most robust flash management concept for short-lived benchmark performance," said Axel Mehnert, Director of Marketing and Customer Support of Hyperstone, "Therefore, we are especially proud to offer one of the world s fastest and most robust SD/MMC controller on the market today".
Coming from industrial solutions and applications that require stringent quality requirements, Hyperstone has gained a tremendous amount of experience that now proofs valuable to all customers wanting to rely on their flash system. "Surviving excessive power cycling is especially asked for in any embedded application or high quality card solution" said Steffen Allert, Director Sales & Field Application Support.
The S6 is currently available in two different options:
- S6-LAK05 LGA 54, RoHS, -25 to +85 °C
- S6-0ABD0 Known-Good-Die / Wafer
Hyperstone, a fabless semiconductor and microprocessor design company, was founded in 1990 and is based in Konstanz, Germany. Together with subsidiaries in Taiwan, USA and with other worldwide partners, Hyperstone serves a global customer base. Hyperstone is a member of CML Microsystems Plc group, traded on the London Stock Exchange. The group currently consists of eight subsidiaries and has over 250 employees. Hyperstone research and development is based in Germany and Taiwan. Industry-leading partners provide world-class wafer subcontracting, packaging, and testing services.
Hyperstone's success is based on the unique design of a unified RISC/DSP processor architecture that provides both a fast RISC processor for data and control functions together with a powerful DSP unit for efficient algorithm execution. Hyperstone designs require less silicon, are more power efficient and require lower software complexity when compared to conventional dual-core designs.
Hyperstone's products include the hyNet SoC for IP-Cameras and Real-Time Ethernet as well as microcontrollers for Solid State Disks (SSD), Disk-on-Module (DoM), Disk-on-Board (DoB), embedded Flash solutions such as eMMC, and Flash cards such as CF, SD, microSD. More information is available at www.hyperstone.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Meltdown-Patch legt vereinzelt Rechner, Antivirus, Treiber, Apps und Browser lahm
Der Notfall-Patch von Microsoft, der gegen die Angriffsmethoden Meltdown und Spectre wappnen soll, geht mit technischen Problemen einher. Vereinzelte AMD-Rechner, Browser, Treiber und Apps können betroffen sein.Weiterlesen