Hyperstone announces mass production of A2 for industrial CFast and SATA SSD
The A2 flash memory controller and firmware is qualified for mass production and designed into ruggedized Solid State Disks (SSD), CFast(TM) , and Disk on Board solutions
The A2 now is in mass production. Together with Hyperstone's proprietary firmware it has been qualified to full industrial requirements, including operating temperature from -40C to 85C, and has received full SATA compliance certifications.
Product and Firmware Highlights:
- Fully compliant to SATA 2.6 and CFastTM 1.0 specifications
- Hyperstone patented firmware architecture without need for external DRAM
- Global, Static, Write, and Read wear leveling coupled to ECC
- Firmware inherent management of sudden power fails
- In-field firmware updatability without user data impact
- Firmware support is focused on high-reliability SLC NAND flashes from all major suppliers including Toshiba, Micron, Intel, Samsung as well as Spansion
- Native support for up to 32 CEs and extended CS+ mode to logically connect up to 256 Flashes
- Typical active current consumption of about 250mA with 100% utilization during stress test operating 4 x 3.3V NAND Flashes
- SATA partial/slumber (about 150mA) and CFastTM PHYSLP (about 5mA) power modes supported
- Fully qualified to industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C)
- Available as bare die and in different size TFBGA packages
- Reference designs available for (2.5", MO-297, MO-300, CFastTM)
- Firmware customization services available
"Certainly with our A2 we deliver the most power efficient controller and in terms of firmware architecture most proven and ruggedized solution for industrial and embedded applications. Our A2 SATA controller has been fully qualified to industrial requirements," said Dr. Jan Peter Berns, Managing Director of Hyperstone. "Delivering the highest level of quality and reliability to embedded SATA solutions remains our main focus. Already more than 50 suitable NAND flash devices from various suppliers are qualified for use with the A2, which fit especially well for use within industrial, ruggedized applications."
Hyperstone, a fabless semiconductor and microprocessor design company, was founded in 1990 and is based in Konstanz, Germany. Together with subsidiaries in Taiwan, USA and with other worldwide partners, Hyperstone serves a global customer base. Hyperstone is a member of the CML Microsystems Plc group, traded on the London Stock Exchange. Hyperstone research and development is based in Germany and Taiwan. Industry-leading partners provide world-class wafer subcontracting, packaging, and testing services. Hyperstone's success is based on its proprietary 32-Bit RISC processor, optimized for flash handling applications.
Hyperstone's products include microcontrollers for Serial-ATA and Parallel-ATA Solid State Disks (SSD), Disk-on-Module (DoM), Disk-on-Board (DoB), embedded Flash solutions such as eMMC, and Flash cards such as CF, SD & microSD. Flash controller firmware is supplied complementary to the controllers and customized for each flash and application. Hyperstone is one of the pioneers in the flash memory controller business and owns several patents for flash handling, including wear leveling algorithms and microprocessor design.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Huawei setzt auf NVMe für eine intensive I/O-Zukunft
Nur wenige Technologien haben sich so erfolgreich in unternehmensweiten IT-Strategien durchgesetzt wie die All-Flash-Arrays (AFAs), die dabei zwei Jahrzehnte etablierter SAS- und SATA-Festplattentechnologien verdrängt haben.Weiterlesen