HOLMENKOL establishes Japan subsidiary

Tokyo/Heimerdingen, (PresseBox) - Nano technology sports outfitter HOLMENKOL today announced at a press conference on the occasion of the Japanese winter sports fair in Tokyo that it will establish a sales company so as to considerably strengthen its already favourable market position. The current importers, SWANS and SKIKRAFT, will become associate partners.

For more than 25 years, HOLMENKOL has been among Japan's leading ski wax brands and has established an excellent customer network. The inception of HOLMENKOL Japan Ltd., scheduled for April 1, 2008, is the first milestone of its newly launched international growth strategy. This is consolidated by its reorganisation as a public company.

HOLMENKOL will hold a majority interest of 85% in the Japanese sales subsidiary. The remaining 15% will be held by BLIZZARD Marketing Japan, whose MD and owner Yuichi Kusakari will be in charge of HOLMENKOL Japan Ltd.'s operations. Over the past five years, Yuichi Kusakari was HOLMENKOL's "top representative" in Japan.

In Japan, a reinforced sales team will not only focus on ski wax, but also promote the sales of HOLMENKOL's innovative sports coatings made for water sports, outdoor, golf, cycling, and mountain biking.

"In a high volume market like Japan, demonstrating continuity and endurance and securing the full potential using a strong sales team is of major importance", says Christian Römlein, MD of HOLMENKOL (worldwide). However HOLMENKOL will continue its business relationship with its existing distribution partners SWANS (snowboard market) and SKIKRAFT(Nordic market).

Yuichi Kusakari Christian Römlein On the occasion of the Tokyo winter sports fair, HOLMENKOL specialists have introduced the new patented "nano-cfc" coating technology. This technology already attracted huge attention on the occasion of Munich's ISPO winter trade fair. "Through our clear focus on sports coatings, we are gaining an innovative lead over our competitors", adds Mr. Römlein on the Tokyo press conference.

As a technology leader, HOLMENKOL expects to win over major market shares. Yuichi Kusakari is positive that "we will be able to set the course for a sustainable growth in Japan".

HOLMENKOL AG

With a brand tradition of 86 years, HOLMENKOL is the world's oldest ski wax manufacturer. As a technology leader, the company provides service to almost all national teams in the world. Well known athletes, Olympic winners as well as World Cup winners and athletes with ambition bank on the company's technology and products. Since Nanogate has become an investor in Holmenkol, the company has been pursuing an international growth strategy beyond the winter sports segment, e.g., by providing applications and products for a number of other sports including water sports, hiking/camping, cycling/mountain biking and golf. HOLMENKOL's target groups are professional and ambitious amateur athletes as well as recreational athletes.

Press releases you might also be interested in

Subscribe for news

The subscribtion service of the PresseBox informs you about press information of a certain topic by your choice at a choosen time. Please enter your email address to receive the email with the press releases.

An error occurred!

Thank you! You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes.


I want to subscribe to the gratis press mail and have read and accepted the conditions.