81671 München, de
+49 (40) 27885-124
Effective process network protection: With its latest in next-generation firewalls, gateprotect now provides SCADA networks and control centers with even better protection
gateprotect is the first and currently only firewall manufacturer to respond to the specific requirements of the energy sector. The innovative company is an expert in the protection of SCADA protocols for the energy industry, which, pursuant to the IT Security Act recently passed by the German government, require special protection.
The powerful next-generation firewall Network Protector, which is now even more powerful due to its new hardware, decodes and validates data packets similarly to the operating principle of an airport baggage scanner, and thereby offers reliable network protection specifically for critical infrastructures.
With eight processor cores instead of just two, the new Network Protector S series - the security solution for small companies and branch offices - achieves a firewall throughput of 1,700 Mbit/s and therefore significantly boosts performance.
With speeds of up to 5,500 Mbit/s, the new M series products for medium-sized companies achieve almost three times the firewall throughput they did before. Meanwhile, the UTM throughput doubles to 2,000 Mbit/s when all the UTM features, such as malware, Web filter, and IPS, are activated. This ensures that medium-sized energy companies and control centers are also effectively protected with maximum performance.
Thanks to the flexible expansion options using network interface modules, additional protection mechanisms can also be switched on quickly should the security requirements increase. Network Protector can therefore also be maintained and upgraded during operation - a first for the product.
A factory reset feature, the import of backups and application of new configurations, the product can be quickly and intuitively upgraded, without having to replace the hardware. The new redundant power supply units also allow for uninterrupted operation and guarantee continuous network protection.
With Network Protector L800, the portfolio contains a particularly powerful model for enterprise environments. With a firewall throughput of 8,000 Mbit/s, this next-generation firewall offers effective network protection for the demanding security requirements of complex networks, such as large energy infrastructures.
The new Network Protector product family for use in the energy sector
· Network Protector fully supports the IEC 104 protocol
· The next-generation firewall provides SCADA protection for use in energy infrastructures
· Network Protector decodes and validates all data packets with one of the world's fastest single-pass engines, similarly to the operating principle of an airport baggage scanner
· The Network Protector S series, with Network Protector S50 and S101, has eight processor cores and achieves a firewall throughput of up to 1,700 Mbit/s and a UTM throughput of up to 600 Mbit/s
· The new, powerful Network Protector M series with Network Protector M401, M402, and M403 is even more powerful with a firewall throughput of 5,500 Mbit/s and a UTM throughput of 2,000 Mbit/s
· Even faster processing is guaranteed, since the products are equipped with the latest generation of processors
· The fact that the range has been expanded in a modular fashion to include additional network interface modules means that the IT security solution can be quickly and flexibly adapted to increasing security requirements
· Redundant power supply units guarantee no downtimes
· Network Protector L800 for enterprise environments with a firewall throughput of 8,000 Mbit/s provides effective network protection for large companies
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.