C/ Portuetxe, 14 - 1°. Ibaeta building 20018
SAN SEBASTIÁN (Gipuzkoa), es
Sandra Til Lerin
+34 (902) 0269-31
Final meeting of New Indigo Project
- New Indigo is an initiative for the development and the integration of Indian and European research, building and extended web of partneship top ave the way for long-term scientific cooperation between Europe and India.
- The activity of this project will continue in the next years with the launched of the new initiative INNO INDIGO starting on the 2013
New INDIGO is a consortium of European and Indian S&T organisations involved in promoting research cooperation between Europe and India.
New Indigo has been working towards the following strategic objectives:
- Structuring the international dimension of the European Research Area, through the exchange of information, expertise and best practices and the design of common databases
- Supporting the coordination of national programmes through the implementation of a jointly funded scheme: from Networking Pilot Programme to the New Indigo partnership programme.
- Creating strategic partnership with India and supporting the coordination of science and technology policies between Europe and India through and extensive foresight study and concrete recommendations to policy-makers
- 28 research projects funded
- Cooperation of 13 countries in the projects
- Funding of more than 6 million euros (6.400.000 euros)
The 28 scientific projects, which have been funded through the NEW INDIGO multilateral calls until now, involve 112 research organisations, 77 form Europe and 35 from India. From the European side, Spain and Germany participated in the three first calls with the highest number of organizations involved.
NPP I: Networking projects in the field of Biotechnology and Health 13 projects funded;
NPP II: Networking projects in the field of Water Related Challenges 9 projects funded;
NPP III: Research projects in in the field of Biotechnology applied to Human Health 6 research projects funded;
NPP IV: Research projects in in the field of Energy Research The funding decision is expected to be made in January 2014.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.