FUJIFILM Launches New Fujinon wide angle 4.K Cine Zoom Lens ZK2.5×14 with a focal length covering 14-35mm
With the shift to high image quality video contents using 4K cameras*3 for television productions, lenses with high optical performance for cinema cameras have been receiving a lot of attention. However, as the shooting method differs between cinema and television camera lenses, there are difficulties in operation of cinema camera lenses for television production.
As a new idea for cine lenses, Fujifilm introduced the ZK series lenses, with detachable servo drive unit for zooming and focusing. In August 2012, the FUJINON ZK4.7×19 (hereinafter ZK4.7×19) was released, followed by the telephoto type FUJINON ZK3.5×85 (hereinafter ZK3.5×85) in November of the same year.
Thanks to the detachable servo drive unit on the ZK series, the lens can be operated in the same manner as a traditional portable television camera lens. Not only in film productions, it is also suitable for television productions with cinema cameras. The ZK series features high quality images due to the pleasing Bokeh and the shallow depth-of-field, specific to cine lenses.
Furthermore, with the servo drive unit removed, traditional cinema manual, or external cine motors for zooming and focusing operation is also available for all models of this series. Whichever way they are used, ZK series will be comfortable. And, it is easy to carry around due to the compact and lightweight design.
With the release of the ZK2.5×14, the ZK series line-up consists of wide angle, standard, and telephoto lenses. The ZK2.5×14 is a wide angle zoom lens with a focal length covering from 14 to 35mm, supporting both film and digital cinema cameras. With the latest optical simulation technology and high precision large diameter aspherical elements, it has achieved both high optical performance and a lightweight compact body of 2.9kg. Thanks to high resolution from the center to corner, high image quality without image distortion will be exhibited on the large screens of movie theaters. Additionally, a Macro Function is also standard, allowing for the shooting of subjects as close as 33cm*4, expanding the range of the lens.
FUJINON cine lenses offered from Fujifilm, recognized for their high technology, were used in the international hit Oblivion this year. FUJINON lenses contribute to the latest imaging progress. Fujifilm will continue developing and providing new innovative products using its optical technology, high-precision processing technology and assembly technology developed over the years, to respond to the diversifying needs of production sites.
The ZK2.5x14 will be exhibited at IBC2013, the largest broadcasting equipment exhibition in Europe to be held in Amsterdam, Netherlands from September 13 to 17, 2013.
*1 16mm/35mm cinema camera lens mount from the world's leading cinema camera company, German Arnold and Richter Cine Technik.
*2 Mass of the lens and drive unit together.
*3 Video standard with 4x the number of pixels as that of Full-HD.
*4 Distance from sensor to subject.
1. Product name: FUJINON ZK2.5×14
2. Release date: End of September 2013
3. Standard user price: Open
4. Main features:
(1) High optical quality and lightweight, compact design
- With the latest optical simulation technology and high precision large diameter aspherical lens elements, it has achieved both high optical performance and a lightweight compact body of 2.9kg.
- High resolution image without image distortion will be exhibited on the large screens of movie theaters.
- A Back focus adjustment mechanism*5 is standard, the same as television lenses. This adjustment allows the lens to be optimized with the camera, to bring out the best in optical performance.
- Thanks to the 9-brade round iris, it will exhibit natural round circle Bokeh.
*5 Distance from the lens mounting reference plane (flange) to the sensor.
(2) A wide angle lens covering focal lengths from 14mm to 35mm
- Coupled with the ZK4.7×19 and ZK3.5×85, the ZK series supports a wide variety of scenes.
- Macro Function enables shooting subjects as close as 33cm. expanding the range of the lens
(3) Detachable servo drive unit
- Thanks to the detachable servo drive unit on the ZK series, the lens can be operated in the same manner as a traditional portable television camera lens and accessories.
- The pleasing Bokeh and the shallow depth-of-field specific to cinema camera lenses can also be used for shooting commercials and dramas.
(4) Installation of Rotary Encoder for high resolution output of lens data.
-16bit Rotary Encoders are installed on the drive unit for high resolution output of lens position data, including zoom, focus, and iris.
(5) Universal design
- It features universal design for distance, focal length and T-No. scales. The original font is easy to read and luminous, on the focus, zoom, and iris (aperture) operation ring.
It is comfortable to operate in all shooting situations.
About Fujifilm Corporation
FUJIFILM Corporation is one of the major operating companies of FUJIFILM Holdings. Since its founding in 1934, the company has built up a wealth of advanced technologies in the field of photo imaging, and in line with its efforts to become a comprehensive healthcare company, Fujifilm is now applying these technologies to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases in the Medical and Life Science fields. Fujifilm is also expanding growth in the highly functional materials business, including flat panel display materials, and in the graphic systems and optical devices businesses. For more information, please visit http://www.fujifilm.com.
Fujifilm Europe GmbH
Nowadays Fujifilm entities operate in about 50 group companies in Europe and employ approximately 5,000 people engaged in R&D, manufacturing, sales, and service support. Throughout Europe they serve a range of industries including medical, chemical, graphic arts, electronic materials, optics, recording media, motion picture, and photographic technologies. FUJIFILM Europe GmbH (Duesseldorf, Germany) acts as Strategic Headquarters for the region and supports its group companies in Europe by formulating marketing and corporate strategies. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.eu.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Consumer-Electronics":
Deutsche glauben nicht an den KI-Kollegen
Könnte eine Künstliche Intelligenz (KI) mich als Arbeitnehmer ersetzen? Die Frage scheint in dieser Formulierung wenig Arbeitnehmer zu berühren. Sie sorgen sich vielmehr um die Arbeitsplätze ihrer Mitmenschen. Den eigenen Job im Fadenkreuz der KI sehen nur wenige.Weiterlesen