81829 München, de
+49 (8106) 300899
Freescale joins the world’s premier telecom carriers and equipment makers in the International Engineering Consortium
Embedded silicon leader to showcase advanced processing solutions at IEC's Broadband World Forum Europe; breakthrough MSC7120 GPON device named a finalist for prestigious IEC InfoVision Award
The IEC is the foremost engineering society dedicated to advancing the electronics industry by facilitating partnership between industry and academia for continuing education, research and service programs.
"The IEC brings the technology community together by fostering strong collaboration between the industry's business and academic communities, and Freescale is pleased to join this venerable and prestigious organization," said Frederic Haine, general manager of Freescale's Networking & Multimedia Group in Europe. "Freescale looks forward to working with its peers to drive continued technology innovation within networking and communications markets, as well as the larger electronics industry."
"The IEC is pleased to have Freescale, one of the world's top suppliers of embedded processors, become an IEC member and exhibit at Broadband World Forum Europe 2008," said John Janowiak, president of the IEC. "Freescale's contributions to the IEC will be extremely valuable."
Freescale at the IEC's Broadband World Forum Europe
Freescale plans a strong presence at this week's IEC Broadband World Forum Europe in Belgium, where the company will deliver technology lectures and demonstrate an array of advanced embedded processing solutions for the broadband industry. Additionally, Freescale's MSC7120 GPON SoC device has been named a finalist for the show's InfoVision Awards, which recognize advances in technologies, applications, products and services judged to be the most unique and beneficial to the information communication technology industry. Winners will be announced at the show on Sept. 30, 2008.
Freescale technologies set for display at the Freescale booth (#146) include:
- A comprehensive hardware and software solution for GPON equipment: Freescale's ONT reference design utilizes the breakthrough MSC7120 GPON integrated SoC device. The optimized ONT hardware design enables low bill of materials and provides a full, integrated software stack to shorten ODM time to market.
- A baseband accelerator demonstration supporting new wireless standards for 3G-LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+ and TDD-LTE base stations. The demonstration is based on Freescale's MSBA8100 device.
- Home and office network attached storage (NAS) systems based on the MPC8379 PowerQUICC(TM) processor.
- A multi-standard LTE and WiMAX base station solution built on a modular platform powered by Freescale's MPC8568, MPC8548 and MSC8144 devices.
- A triple-play converged business gateway solution based on the PowerQUICC MPC8538 device. This comprehensive reference design combines high-performance routing and security technology, a programmable datapath with a high level API for easy integration with protocol stacks, as well as VoIP, data and wireless support.
- A demonstration of remote monitoring and control of communications traffic via broadband access solutions based on PowerQUICC technology.
- A demonstration of advanced silicon simulation for multicore communications processors showcasing the dual-core MPC8572 PowerQUICC processor and the outstanding system visibility enabled by Virtutech's Simics technology.
Freescale's embedded technology experts are also participating in the following training sessions and workshops at the event:
- Sept. 30 at 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: chairperson Tino Spadaro and speaker Frederic Haine, both of Freescale: " Will the Move to LTE Boost the Projected Take-Up of Mobile Broadband Access Technologies?"
- Oct. 2 at 11:00 a.m. - 12: 30 p.m.: Piotr Weglicki of Freescale: "Planning Now for LTE, the Business Case for a New Long-Term Evolution Network."
For more detailed information on Freescale at the Broadband World Forum please visit http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/homepage.jsp?nodeId=0525394D9F&tid=FSHMINI_20080910
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.