Ex Libris Releases Primo Version 4.5
The latest version of Primo offers faster performance, an enhanced search experience, and many features requested by customers
Highlights of the enhancements and new features in Primo 4.5 include the following:
- A more intuitive discovery experience
- Enhanced search capabilities
- Improvements to relevance ranking in both Primo Central searches and local searches
- A new Virtual Browse feature, which displays a virtual bookshelf and enables patrons to browse forward and backward through items
- An easy-to-use date selection feature for narrowing down search results by a specific date range
- The display of relevant search tips to help users improve their queries
- Faster performance
- Faster searching
- Faster ingestion and indexing of data
- Tighter integration with the library's OPAC
For librarians, the Primo administration features include the following developments:
- A greater level of security for Primo-Aleph communication
- More efficient maintenance of user data
- New and redesigned reports that offer insights into how the library's community uses Primo so that libraries can tailor content and services to their users' needs
Shlomi Kringel, vice president of discovery and delivery solutions at Ex Libris, commented: "We are constantly developing Primo to support our overarching goal of enabling users to discover the full spectrum of library materials with speed and simplicity. For example, the Primo Virtual Browse feature provides a browsing experience on the user's computer screen, facilitating the serendipitous discovery of items that the user did not search for specifically. As in every version, Primo 4.5 contains a number of new features that are the direct result of customer requests. We are looking forward to seeing the Primo community enjoying the new version."
Ex Libris (Deutschland) GmbH
Ex Libris is a leading provider of automation solutions for academic, national, and research libraries. Offering the only comprehensive product suite for electronic, digital, and print materials, Ex Libris provides efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of libraries today and will facilitate their transition into the future. Ex Libris maintains an impressive customer base consisting of thousands of sites in more than 90 countries on six continents.
Dedicated to developing creative solutions in close collaboration with customers, Ex Libris enables libraries to maximize productivity and efficiency and, at the same time, greatly enhance the user experience. By empowering users to discover and obtain the information they need, libraries ensure their position as the bridge to knowledge.
For more information about Ex Libris Group, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.