Rellinghauser Straße 1-11
45128 Essen, de
Alexandra H. Boy
+49 (201) 177-3167
Strategically, 2013 was a successful year: A solid operating performance in difficult market conditions
Key Financial Data: January 1 to December 31, 2013 / Q4 2013
- Klaus Engel, Chairman of the Executive Board: "We have achieved our strategic objectives: Evonik is now a publicly listed specialty chemicals company. Operationally, we achieved solid results in difficult market conditions."
- Operating performance in 2013:
- Group sales €12.9 billion; virtually stable organic sales trend
- Adjusted EBITDA €2.0 billion; reduction from very high prioryear figure mainly price-induced
- Attractive adjusted EBITDA margin of 15.6 percent
- Net income rose 76 percent to €2.1 billion thanks to divestment gains from real estate activities
- Capital expenditures increased 18 percent to €1.1 billion
- R&D expenses high at €394 million-R&D ratio 3.1 percent
- Dividend proposal for 2013: €1.00 per share (2012: €0.92)
- Outlook for 2014: Sales expected to rise slightly (2013: €12.9 billion); adjusted EBITDA expected to be between €1.8 billion and €2.1 billion (2013: €2.0 billion)
"Evonik is now listed on the stock exchange and-since last summer's divestment of the majority of shares in the real estate activities-a well-positioned and focused specialty chemicals company. In 2013 we made considerable progress with our growth strategy: The first major projects in our ambitious investment program were completed," reported Klaus Engel, Chairman of the Executive Board of Evonik Industries AG, at today's financial press conference.
The general economic background was tougher than anticipated in 2013. While volumes increased, lower selling prices, in particular, led to a drop in Evonik's operating results. "Despite the difficult market environment, our business performance was solid," said Engel. "We will be raising the efficiency of our operational and administrative areas still further and systematically improving our cost position. That will support our competitiveness and our profitable growth strategy," he stressed.
Evonik anticipates that sales will rise slightly year-on-year in 2014 (2013: €12.9 billion), and expects adjusted EBITDA to be between €1.8 billion and €2.1 billion (2013: €2.0 billion).
More information: see attachment!
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.