Annual general meeting confirms course towards European growth
New composition of the supervisory board - Resolution on the spin-off of the Power Derivatives Market
During the annual general meeting a resolution regarding the approval of the spin-off of the Power Derivatives Market into EEX Power Derivatives GmbH was adopted. EEX will transfer its trading in power derivatives to the new Leipzig-based company with retroactive effect as of 1 January 2008.
In the course of the annual general meeting the shareholders of EEX approved the activities of the management board and of the supervisory board. In accordance with the applicable rules, a new supervisory board with the following composition was elected:
- Edward Backes, Head of Department Market Supervision Trading and Clearing, Deutsche Börse AG
- Andreas Fohrmann, Member of the Management Board, Sachsen Bank
- Marcel Hayoz, Head of Trading Department, Nordostschweizerische Kraftwerke AG (NOK)
- Dr. Christoph Helle, Chief Executive, MVV Energie AG
- Burkhard Jung, Mayor of the City of Leipzig
- Ulrich Kastner, Corporate Consultant, UKC GmbH
- Dr. Hans-Joachim Klein, Master of Business and Engineering
- Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg, Member of the Management Board, RWE Energy AG
- Dr. Egbert Laege, Director Dispatch & Prompt Trading, E.ON Energy Trading AG
- Dr. Stefan Mai, Director; Head of Section Market Policy, Deutsche Börse AG
- Dr. Hartmut Mangold, State Secretary, Saxon State Ministry of Economic Affairs and Labour European Energy Exchange AG
- Dr. Dirk Mausbeck, Chief Executive, EnBW Trading GmbH
- Harald R. Pfab, Chairman of the Management Board, Sachsen Bank
- Peter Reitz, Member of the Executive Board, Eurex Zürich AG
- Hans E. Schweickardt, Chief Executive Officer, EOS Holding
- Hans-Joachim Strüder, Member of the Management Board, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg
- Dr. Hans-Jürgen Witschke, Chairman of the Management Board, DB Energie GmbH
During the first meeting of the supervisory held after the annual general meeting Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg was re-elected as the chairman of the board. Peter Reitz was elected as the first deputy; Harald R. Pfab was elected as the second deputy.
European Energy Exchange AG
EEX currently has 209 member companies from 20 countries. In July, Agder Energi Produksjon AS, Kristiansand/Norway, was admitted to the EEX Spot Market. Endesa Generación S.A., Madrid, was admitted to the EEX Derivatives Market. EconGas GmbH, Vienna, and Enoi S.p.A., Milan, were admitted to the EEX Spot and Derivatives Market. BOT Gornictwo i Energetyka SA, Lodz/Poland, Energy Management & Conservations Agency S.A., Warsaw, and JP Morgan Ventures Energy Corporation, New York, have cancelled their membership.