Am Kavalleriesand 31
64295 Darmstadt, de
+49 (6151) 807839
Special EUMETSAT Council achieves progress with EPS-SG
The EUMETSAT Council also endorsed the payload complement for the EPS-SG space segment, to be developed by the European Space Agency (ESA) under an ESA optional programme to be proposed at the forthcoming ESA Council meeting at ministerial level in November 2012.
This payload complement consists of the following instruments:
- Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Instrument, expected to be provided by the Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES), the French space agency
- Visible-infrared Imaging Instrument, to be provided by the Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR), the German Aerospace Center
- Microwave Sounding Instrument
- Radio Occultation Instruments
- Microwave Imaging for Precipitation Instrument
- Multi-viewing, multi-channel, multi-polarisation imager
- Global Monitoring for Environment and Security (GMES) Sentinel-5 Instrument, to be provided by ESA
- Advanced Data Collection System, to be provided by CNES
The decision on the Ice Cloud Imager will be taken at the next Council meeting on 5-6 July 2012.
The endorsement of the EPS-SG payload complement paves the way for the preparation of the corresponding Metop-SG programme proposal by ESA.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.