Disclosure of shareholdings
- Percentage of voting rights: 15.27 %;
- Equity securities: 3'181'095 registered shares;
- Date of acquisition or sale resulting in holdings reaching, exceeding or falling below threshold: June 27 2008;
- Facts and circumstances triggering the obligation to notify: redemption of Esmertec's bridge loan in shares in favor of Sofinnova Capital IV FCPR;
- Responsible contact person: Mme Monique Saulnier, Managing Partner & CFO of Sofinnova Partners, 17, rue des Surène, 75008 Paris, France, phone/fax.: +33 1 53 05 41 10;
Esmertec is a leading provider of Java(TM) in-device engines and mobile services platforms. The company's high-performance solutions enable consumers to easily discover and access content and services on any mobile phone. Esmertec's customer database has grown to more than 90 customers, including mobile operators and manufacturers of mobile handsets, set-top boxes and interactive televisions. Its in-device engines power 1 out of 10 new phones (shipped in more than 260 million devices) and its USSD mobile services platforms serves more than 146 million mobile subscribers world-wide.
Esmertec is a founding member of the Google initiated Open Handset Alliance, delivering customized solutions for Android, the mobile platform.
Founded in 1999, Esmertec is headquartered in Zurich-Switzerland with subsidiaries in China, France, South Korea, and the USA, and offices in Taiwan and the UK. Since 2005, Esmertec is listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange (ESMN).
Esmertec and Jbed are trademarks of Esmertec AG.
Java is a trademark of Sun Microsystems Inc. Other company, product and service names may be trademarks of their respective owners