CNN International and Ericsson Reveal Key Insights from Joint Research Study
73% of CNN's online audience of global citizens share user-generated video content
- 56% of respondents with mobile internet, access online content whilst on the move for example, via a mobile device or wireless LAN. This trend speaks to the increasing number of upscale consumers with internet access outside of the home or office environment.
- Three quarters (73%) of CNN's online audience of global citizens share user-generated video content. In fact, 66% of those over 45 share user-generated video content, de-bunking the myth that it is just an activity for the youth. Almost a third (29%) of those surveyed record video clips on their mobile phone. In a nod to the sharp rise of citizen journalism, and perhaps in response to the growing number of social platforms enabling video sharing exchange,16% of respondents are sharing user-generated video content are doing so with other digital community members.
- 67% of those surveyed say their TV viewing on PC (desktop or laptop) has increased in the past three to four years and almost a quarter (23%) say their TV viewing on mobile devices has increased over the same period. Flexibility (71%) or the desire to catch up on missed content (51%) were cited as the main reasons for watching TV content on the PC.
- Branded websites are the most popular online destinations for survey respondents accessing TV content online. Broadcaster websites (60%) emerged as the #1 choice for accessing TV content online. This is followed by broadcaster sections on video sharing sites such as YouTube (13%).
- Television remains the most popular viewing device for CNN's audience of global citizens. 35% watched their television set for more than 10 hours a week, whereas viewing for this length of time is considerably lower for PC (9%) and mobile devices (5%).
"These bespoke research projects deliver valuable insights that help us empower clients to market smarter and more efficiently", commented Max Raven, SVP Advertising Sales, CNN International. "A live example is the 'Race-for-Growth' multi-platform advertising campaign that CNN created to promote Ericsson's involvement in the Volvo Ocean Race. It's a complete solution that offers the client a chance to connect with CNN's audience of tech savvy consumers and business leaders via mouse, mobile, or remote control - in every corner of the globe."
The 'Race for Growth' mobile WAP site comprises just one element of a bespoke, advertising solution delivered to audiences on air, online and on mobile to promote Ericsson's involvement in the Volvo Ocean Race.
*CNN.com attracts an influential audience of leading executives, business leaders, opinion formers and C-Suites
Survey methodology: Research was conducted online across the CNN.com, CNN.com/international and CNNmoney.com websites. 1094 interviews were conducted globally amongst CNN online consumers and results are representative of the regional composition of CNN's online audience.
About CNN International
CNN International continues to be the international news channel of choice for reaching the European elite, leading all international news channels in monthly reach (EMS Select 2008), and is also market leader for combined TV and online monthly reach, confirming its position as the channel that best reaches the 'upscale global citizen' in the digital age. Overall lead in EMS Select positions CNN as #1 television vehicle for advertisers seeking to reach frequent business travellers and business decision makers.
Ericsson GmbH Deutschland
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. The market leader in 2G and 3G mobile technologies, Ericsson supplies communications services and manages networks that serve more than 250 million subscribers. The company's portfolio comprises mobile and fixed network infrastructure and broadband and multimedia solutions for operators, enterprises and developers. The Sony Ericsson joint venture provides consumers with feature-rich personal mobile devices.
Ericsson is advancing its vision of 'communication for all' through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions. Working in 175 countries, more than 70,000 employees generated revenue of USD 27 billion (SEK 209 billion) in 2008. Founded in 1876 and headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is listed on OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm and NASDAQ
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Kommunikation":
Cloud-Telefonie für Mittelstand und Großunternehmen
Mittelständische und große Unternehmen können ab sofort über den Cloud-Telefonie-Anbieter Toplink auf die Broadsoft Business Suite zugreifen. Der deutsche Dienstleister erweitert damit sein Portfolio um zahlreiche Business-Funktionen.Weiterlesen