EPTDA hosts its biggest ever Annual Convention
360 Power Transmission and Motion Control (PT/MC) Executives and guests from 155 companies across 28 countries meet in the Portuguese capital
Some 310 decision makers representing 155 companies in the Power Transmission and Motion Control industry joined the stage at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, Portugal, to discuss growth strategies for the years ahead. The association also facilitated 720+ one-on-one, business-to-business meetings at its unique MD-IDEX (Manufacturer-Distributor Idea Exchange) platform today.
The three-day conference featured leading guest speakers, including the world-renowned "Mr Body Language", Mr Allan Pease, the award-winning author of books like "Why Men don't listen & Why Women can't read maps?" and "The definitive book of Body Language". EPTDA also brought to the stage, the international authority on economic forecasting, Mr Alan Beaulieu, from ITR Research and co-founder of Coffee Republic, Mrs Sahar Hashemi.
The dedicated Distribution Forum, created for the EPTDA distributor community to address issues related to profitability amidst the economic challenges, brought together some 150 distributors and manufacturers from across the world under one roof.
"We feel extremely honoured to have the opportunity to bring together the most influential leaders of our industry in Lisbon - our biggest Annual Convention ever," commented Hans Hanegreefs, Executive Vice President of EPTDA. "We also welcomed more than 20 new companies to the 2012 annual convention. Amidst the ongoing economic turmoil and uncertainties, so many companies have put their faith in EPTDA's role to ensure the growth of the PT/MC industry in EMEA and that makes us enormously proud," adds Hanegreefs.
At its annual conventions, the EPTDA also honours the most dedicated ambassadors of the association who actively promote the benefits of membership and EPTDA's brand awareness in the global PT/MC industry. The 2012 winners of the Best EPTDA Promoter Awards are:
- Zitec Industrietechnik GmbH in the EPTDA Distributor member category
- RBC Bearings in the EPTDA Manufacturer member category
- A4MRO Ibérica, S.L. in the EPTDA Associate member category
The General Assembly also appointed its 2012-2013 EPTDA Board of Directors, who include:
- Meino Noordenbos, EPTDA President - Biesheuvel Groep, B.V., The Netherlands
- Manfred Beitel, EPTDA Past President - Zitec Industrietechnik GmbH, Germany
- David Bassas, EPTDA Secretary Treasurer - Tecnotrans Bonfiglioli S.A., Spain
- Stewart Booth, EPTDA Manufacturer Council Chair - PIX Europe, United Kingdom
- Lars Akerberg, EPTDA Board Member - Nomo Kullager, Sweden
- Christian Collignon, EPTDA Board Member - IPH-Orexad, France
- Roberto Cugnaschi, EPTDA Board Member - Mondial S.p.A., Italy
- Elisabeth Meister, EPTDA Board Member - Ludwig Meister GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Mustafa Özkara, EPTDA Board Member - Bilya-Sanayi, Turkey
- Moris Romi, EPTDA Board Member - RIMA, Italy
- Dick Winkelhuis, EPTDA Board Member - Spruit Transmissies, The Netherlands
A full video coverage of the event will soon be available on the association's website www.eptda.org.
In 2013, the EPTDA will celebrate its 15 years anniversary at its Annual Convention, which will take place in Venice at the Hilton Molino Stucky Hotel. For more details, please log on to www.eptda.org.
EPTDA (European Power Transmission Distributors Association)
EPTDA is the leading association for the industrial distribution channel in Europe, setting the highest commercial, environmental, social and ethical standards. Its mission is to advance distribution and strengthen members to be successful, profitable and competitive in a changing market environment. EPTDA takes great pride in its values which focus on being a premier community for qualified members through open dialogue and mutual respect; acting with integrity, honesty and fairness; and ensuring continuous growth and learning. EPTDA currently has a membership of 207 leading companies across 29 countries worldwide.