Avenue de Cortenbergh 100
1000 Brussels, be
+32 (2) 74109-75
ENTSO-E Announcement of the opening of a public consultation on the ENTSO-E Work Program 2011-2012
- The launch of a public consultation of the 2011-2012 ENTSO-E Work Program was approved by the ENTSO-E Assembly on 28 June 2010.
- The consultation period lasts from 1 July 2011 until 2 September 2011. All comments from stakeholders are most welcome.
The Work Program is a key deliverable of ENTSO-E and is one of its obligations according to Regulation (EC) 714/2009. This is the third ENTSO-E Work Program, but the first one after the 3rd Energy Package and Regulation 714 apply, i.e. since 3 March 2011. Many ENTSO-E tasks are now performed in legally defined, formal cooperation with regulators and the European Commission, and with stakeholders and network users.
The Work Program is designed to combine the necessary formality and systematic approach with a strong strategic alignment to the EU energy policy goals, and with a pro-active attitude towards early identification and solution of problems. The lawmakers' and the public's current realization of the crucial role of electricity transmission presents a window of opportunity that must not be missed: The technical, market and communications work products described in the Work Program must combine to convince citizens, lawmakers and decision-makers of the need for a stronger grid.
The key parts of the Work Program are:
- DEVELOPING NETWORK CODES (on generation connection, DSO and industrial load connection, capacity allocation and congestion management, balancing, operational security, operational planning and scheduling, load frequency control and reserves)
- THE TEN-YEAR NETWORK DEVELOPMENT PLAN (TYNDP) 2012 (with key methodological improvements over the 2010 Plan)
- ELECTRICITY HIGHWAYS: A MODULAR DEVELOPMENT APPROACH (on the architecture of the future European transmission grid)
- PUBLIC ACCEPTANCE OF NEW INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS AND INVESTMENT INCENTIVES (to foster the needed dramatic improvement in permitting and acceptance that must be achieved very soon if the new lines planned in the TYNDP are to materialize)
- THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PLAN (R&D PLAN) (closely tied to the European Electricity Grid Initiative, part of the SET Plan)
- OTHER AREAS OF ENHANCING TSO COOPERATION
Following the public consultation period, ENTSO-E will publish all comments received from stakeholders. If a respondent would like ENTSO-E to treat their contribution with confidentiality, this must be explicitly mentioned in their submission.
The draft Work Program approved for release for consultation can be found here: https://www.entsoe.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/_library/consultations/Work_Program_2012/100628_AS_TOP_09.0_D2-ENTSO-E_Work_Program_2012-FINAL.pdf
All comments should be submitted on or before Friday 2 September 2011 and should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
ENTSO-E's consultation process can be found here: https://www.entsoe.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/_library/consultations/110628_Consultation_Process_Description_wt_TC.pdf
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.