3333 Susan Street
92626 Costa Mesa, CA, us
+49 (89) 380179-83
Emulex Provides 8Gb/s Fibre Channel SAN Connectivity for HP BladeSystem Matrix, HP Virtual Connect and HP BladeSystem c-Class Server Blades
Emulex LightPulse 8Gb/s Fibre Channel HBAs Provide High Performance, Scalable SAN Connectivity Optimized for HP Virtual Connect
Emulex LightPulse 8Gb/s Fibre Channel HBAs provide end user customers with the increased performance, I/O bandwidth and the scalability necessary to support next generation data centers. Emulex 8Gb/s storage area network (SAN) connectivity solutions also support the new HP Virtual Connect 8Gb Fibre Channel module and the HP StorageWorks EVA4400 Fibre Channel array.
"Emulex 8Gb/s HBAs provide greater transaction rates and more effective CPU utilization than other market offerings and are best positioned to handle the mission-critical and I/Ointensive applications of next-generation data centers," said Steve Daheb, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of business development, Emulex. "Emulex works closely with HP to deliver best-in-class connectivity solutions that meet the demanding requirements of transaction-intensive databases and server virtualization environments."
Leveraging Emulex 8Gb/s Fibre Channel HBA technology with HP BladeSystem Matrix provides customers with a wide range of capabilities, including:
- Bandwidth that supports more virtual machines (VMs) per server than other solutions. Emulex 8Gb/s HBAs maximize the performance improvements and power savings offered by the new HP servers.
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric, enabling HP Virtual Connect users to leverage SAN management tools and best practices at the VM level, including fabric zoning and LUN mapping/masking.
- Enterprise scalability and flexibility through support for Message-Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X), offering end users greater CPU efficiency, reduced system latency and improved I/O throughput - all of which contribute to increased blade server performance and reduced power consumption.
- Common driver model, which allows a single driver to support all Emulex HBAs on a given operating system, lowering administrative costs and speeding server deployment.
- Investment protection and seamless integration into existing SANs through backwards compatibility with Emulex 4Gb/s and 2Gb/s Fibre Channel devices.
"Customers can achieve faster services delivery, improved asset utilization and simplified infrastructure planning with the HP BladeSystem Matrix," said Mark Potter, senior vice president and general manager, ESS Infrastructure and Blades, HP. "By working together with converged networking leaders such as Emulex, HP offers customers the opportunity to achieve more flexible and efficient networked environments."
Emulex HBAs are managed using HBAnyware®, a secure, automated and centralized enterprise management platform that can be used in conjunction with HP Virtual Connect Manager to seamlessly deploy and manage Emulex HBAs in virtualized or non-virtualized server environments.
Emulex LightPulse HBAs and mezzanine cards are supported across a range of HP storage arrays and servers, including the HP ProLiant, HP Integrity and HP StorageWorks array families.
Emulex Safe Harbor Statement
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: With the exception of historical information, the statements set forth above include forward-looking statements that involve risk and uncertainties. The company wishes to caution readers that a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Those factors include the rapidly changing nature of technology, evolving industry standards and frequent introductions of new products and enhancements by competitors; fluctuation in the growth of Fibre Channel and IP markets; changes in economic conditions or changes in end user demand for technology solutions; fluctuations or delays in customer orders; the highly competitive nature of the markets for Emulex's products; Emulex's ability to gain market acceptance for its products; the company's ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; the company's reliance on third-party suppliers. These and other factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are also discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its recent filings on Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.