Kaiserswerther Str. 115
40880 Ratingen, de
+32 (2) 749-9423
EFI Debuts Enhancements to Pace MIS at Connect, Announces JDF Certification for Finishing
Next Version of Management Software Includes iPad Support, More iPhone Applications and Additional Wide-Format Features
Pace also just received Job Definition Format certification for "MIS to Finishing," passing the stringent JDF testing process by Printing Industries of America, the official certification body for CIP4 (the International Cooperation for the Integration of the Processes in Prepress, Press and Postpress). With JDF capabilities in the finishing department, print providers can increase productivity by significantly reducing machine setup times and automating the accurate collection of data.
"With the forthcoming version 23, Pace builds on the iPhone application that was launched in the previous version and adds support for the iPad tablet to redefine data access, giving sales and management teams realtime access to critical business information when and where they need it," said Jay Farr, general manager of EFIPace. "The new version also delivers enhancements for the superwide format market, providing increased support for equipment and materials unique to this demanding production environment."
MIS on the Go
The Pace iPad and iPhone applications enable users to estimate jobs, review the status of jobs, review customer accounts and track shipments, all from the palm of their hand. It allows for texting, calling and mapping locations of customers and contacts, as well as the ability to use integration within Pace to seamlessly handle communications and updates from the management system from anywhere using the iPad/iPhone toolset and interface. The applications are:
- Customer/Job Inquiry - Gives users the ability to quickly locate customer information and do a job status inquiry. Users can review the job description, see invoices, check on the shipping status, or click a phone number to place a call.
- Estimating Wizard - Lets users enter details for an estimate - including multipart estimates - and returns a plan, costs and pricing.
- GPS Contact Locator - Lets users be more productive. If a user is on the road and has some extra time, the GPS locator can search a contact list and identify all records located within a specified distance from the user's location.
- Delivery Confirmation - Allows a delivery driver to capture the name of as well as a voice note from the person receiving a shipment. This information updates the job record in the Pace management system and sends an email confirmation to the customer.
- "Visualise Your World" - Enables users to attach photos to Pace contacts and cost centres from the iPhone camera or photo library.
- Work Centre View - What's in the queue for the press department? With this app, users can check the schedule for a cost centre and see what's running now.
- Eye in the Sky Technology - The Pace iPhone app can be linked to a Web cam in an office or production facility, giving the ability to verify activity and security. This feature is also a great way to show a prospect a new piece of equipment or production capability.
With Pace version 23, customers can quote multiple products on one sheet and quote complex tiling jobs; andbased on the product being quoted, the system dynamically creates screens displaying userspecific information.In addition, Pace gives production the ability to quickly review existing jobs in the system and make ganging decisions "on the fly." Overall, Pace will calculate costs upfront and measure them in realtime based on how the business runs.
The new version of Pace will be available in June. For more information, please visit www.efi.com.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.