Earlybird invests in staffing platform TjobsRecruit
- TjobsRecruit secures expansion capital from two leading venture capital firms
- Seven figure funding round for Romanian/Dutch blue-collar staffing and recruiting platform and marketplace
TjobsRecruit ("Tjobs"), the online, cross-border, blue-collar staffing and recruitment platform has announced a significant investment round led by Earlybird Venture Capital ("Earlybird") and joined by iEurope Capital ("iEurope"). The investors have committed a seven figure Euro sum to help Tjobs expand its reach across Europe by strengthening its sales teams in Western Europe, and building out its online recruitment platform across Central and Eastern Europe.
Tjobs is a digital and brick-and-mortar staffing agency bringing the cross-border recruitment process for low- to mid-wage sectors into the 21st century. The company is combining the reach and scalability of an online jobsite with the capability of an international staffing agency to guarantee temporary or permanent qualified personnel for employers on short notice or in large numbers. By digitising previously predominantly manual processes, Tjobs is improving the blue-collar recruitment experience for employers, candidates and agents.
- For employers, Tjobs can recruit qualified personnel from a talent-pool of hundreds of thousands of qualified temporary or permanent candidates by aggregating a fast-growing network of over 700 independent, private employment agencies;
- For candidates, Tjobs has tens of thousands of up-to-date, relevant, flexible job opportunities;
- For agencies, Tjobs provides a value-added environment with an increasing number of useful workflow tools in addition to posting highly cost-efficient job adverts.
The new funding will help Tjobs increase sales personnel in France, Germany, United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. Tjobs is also planning on bringing its industry-leading recruitment platform for cross-border jobs (currently operating as www.tjobs.ro and www.tjobs.hu) to other Central and Eastern European countries.
Calin Stefanescu, of Tjobs said, "This investment is an important milestone and a sign of trust by world-class institutional investors in the company we are building. Today, EU citizens can take a job in any European Union country. We are committed to making the cross-border recruitment process more efficient; whether that's helping nursing homes find qualified care-givers on a permanent basis, or providing temporary staffing services to bridge demand peaks at a shipyard, we are helping employers find sorely needed competencies to fill a growing skills gap for blue-collar positions. We can fulfil most requests very quickly, due to the depth of our talent pool and specialized recruiters."
Dan Lupu, Partner at Earlybird added, "The ongoing convergence and harmonisation of labour markets within the European Union, changes in the employment demands of production, manufacturing, and construction sectors propelled by technological progress and globalisation, and the transformation of the age pyramid in European societies, all result in an increased demand for highly-skilled and mobile blue-collar personnel. This will benefit a company such as Tjobs, which is able to source and provide such personnel across borders. We have invested in a company that is expected to benefit from the removal of the main obstacles to cross-border workforce mobility in Europe."
Laszlo Czirjak, Partner at iEurope added, "In addition to the reasons mentioned above, iEurope was attracted to Tjobs because it also delivers an innovative and more transparent approach to a fragmented and inconsistent quality-plagued industry. Simply put, Tjobs better protects workers, agents and employers. This more reliable model will help build safer cross-border labour mobility."
Tjobs, as the operator of the dominant jobsites for Romanian and Hungarian workers wanting to find employment abroad, is able to mine and analyse data for positions posted by the vast majority of employment agencies operating in each country (e.g. in Romania 500 out of a total of approx. 550-600 active agencies are registered with Tjobs). Tjobs thus has a unique view on up to 90% of the workforce demand from across Europe and beyond for Romanian and Hungarian employees. These data-points reflect real movements in the cross border job market, and trends can be deducted well ahead of the publication of official government figures. For example:
- 103,000 job offers from Germany for Romanian candidates between 2010 and 2014 with an increasing trend until end of 2013; in the same period 327,000 Romanian candidates applied for jobs in Germany
- By contrast, the number of applicants in the period January-April 2014 has decreased by 22%, while the number of job offers has decreased by 42% compared to the same period in 2013. This is a somewhat surprising finding, given the removal of the last obstacles to employment of Romanians in Germany on 1 January 2014
- Germany is currently the European country with the third highest vacancies on offer for Romanians. Number one is the UK, followed by Greece, while the ranks after Germany are occupied by France and Italy in places four and five respectively
- Top Sectors with job offers in Germany for Romanians
Some additional data can be found here. For much more detailed data, trends and bespoke analyses, please contact one of the persons listed below.
TjobsRecruit combines the reach and scalability of an online recruitment portal with the fulfilment ability of an international staffing agency via a fast growing proprietary network of currently over 700 small- and mid-sized independent recruitment agencies. Tjobs can aggregate their recruitment capacity, and thus enable employers to recruit from a talent-pool of hundreds of thousands of qualified candidates for temporary or permanent positions. Tjobs' platforms provide its agency partners with workflow solutions and a marketplace that makes their daily routines more efficient and profitable, while candidates find a constant stream of up-to-date, actionable job offers. Tjobs has developed a blue-collar recruiting ecosystem that is improving the experience for all stakeholders in the recruiting process: employers, agents and candidates.
For further information please visit www.tjobsrecruit.com.
iEurope Capital is a US-based investment firm with offices in Budapest and New York. Its funds include iEurope Fund II, which invests in innovative companies with high growth potential located in Central and Eastern Europe specializing in e-commerce; InfoTech; industrial technology; media; healthcare technology systems; and clean technology. iEurope brings an experienced group of Silicon Valley investors to any investment.
Earlybird Venture Capital Gmbh & Co KG
Established in 1997 Earlybird has raised over $900 million in fund commitments. We have backed over 100 companies, some of which have sparked significant innovations in business and technology and resulted in large scale ($1bn+) IPOs and trade sales. Earlybird backs European companies with global ambitions and our active portfolio currently includes 29 companies.
Earlybird's investor base includes some of the most renowned institutional investors worldwide.
Further information is available at www.earlybird.com, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/earlybirdvc, or LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/... or become a friend on Facebook: