Beijing JustTop TETRA Network (Beijing Government Shared Radio Network)(PresseBox) (Ottobrunn, )
Asia Pacific`s largest digital trunking network with 5 switches and around 300 base stations.
In operation since 2003
Covers the entire Beijing -
16,800km2 and the event venues:
- 31 competition venues
- 15 non-competition venues
- independent training venues
- metro lines
- main highways
- more than 100 contracted hotels and other facilities.
During the Games
Nearly 90,000 users shared the network. Users included
- Public security department
- Fire brigade
- First-aid medical workers
- Other government organisations
- Beijing Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (BOCOG)
Record traffic on the day of the Opening Ceremony:
more than 1,500,000 calls in one day, over a relatively small area.
Key capabilities of the radio network
High capacity for call and data transmission processing.
Seamlessly shared, "Network in network" approach: Security organisations and organizers of the event share the same network infrastructure, but experience it as independent networks. This means that various departments can use the network as if they were using their private ones. yet they can communicate with each other when necessary.
About the network
In the past five years, the Beijing Government Shared Radio Network has served a number of major political, economic, cultural and sports events and played an influential role in various major-type events. The network has also undergone all previous stern tests and has gained quite a high appraisal of the users. Some of the major events include:
- 2005 Fortune Global Forum in Beijing
- Beijing International Relay Marathon 2005 and 2006
- Nobel Laureate. Beijing Forum 2005 and 2006
- 2005 "Celebrating the Sixtieth Anniversary of Victory of the War of Resistance against Japan and of the Worldwide Anti - Fascist War"
- The Night of France, the closing ceremony of the Sino-French Culture Year 2005
- Fourth Session of the 12th Beijing People’s Congress, 2006
- CPC & CPPC 2006 and 2007
- 2006 National Radio Communications in Emergency City Series Competition - Final
- The 2006 "Olympic Rythm, Beijing Steps" live show
- IAAF World Junior Championships 2006
- 11th ISF Women’s World Championships.
- Torch Relay for the Doha Asian Games
- Korean President`s visit to China
- Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation 2006
- Beijing International Marathon 2004 - 2006
- Fifth Session of the 12th Beijing People’s Congress, 2007
- FIPP World Magazine Congress, Beijing 2007
- 2007 National Women Fitness Program
- "Good Luck Beijing" sports events 2007 - 2008
- CPC & CPPC 2008
- The Olympic Torch Relay in Beijing, 2008
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
EADS Defence & Security in Beijing
EADS Secure Networks, an integrated activity of EADS Defence & Security (DS) is the supplier of the Beijing JustTop TETRA Network. During the Games, EADS Secure Networks has put together an expert team as full support for Beijing JustTop Network Communications, Ltd., the operator of this TETRA Network.
EADS Secure Networks has also equipped Beijing Capital International Airport with a TETRA network. The most important end users include ,Air China, Capital Airports Holding Company, Beijing Capital International Airport Co.,Ltd, China Aviation Oil (Singapore) Corp (CAO), Southern Airlines and other airlines home and abroad. EADS Secure Networks’ advanced TETRA network enables each kind of specialized airport organizations and departments to perform highly efficient in dispatching, which in turn ensures the punctuality rates of flights and the efficiency of the whole airport. Meanwhile, EADS Secure Networks’ TETRA system enabled easy communications between the airport staff, thus guaranteeing that passengers coulc enjoy more efficient and reliable services.
During the Olympic Games, the Airport saw 1500 flight arrivals and departures on peak days, including 471 Olympics-related flights. Arrivals and departures could reach up to 90 flights per hour on the busiest hours.