A New Name Targets the EMEA Insurance Sector
Duck Creek Technologies Enters The EMEA Market With Comprehensive Suite of Software Solutions for Product Lifecycle Management
Duck Creek Technologies Europe, backed by Pequot Ventures and Duck Creek Technologies Inc., aims to transform traditional Product Lifecycle Management (PLCM) by focusing on delivering software applications that will manage the entire insurance product manufacturing process from product design and creation to maintenance and deployment, to realising new product demands rapidly.
Duck Creek Technologies' EXAMPLE Platform(r) is a component based suite of tools, providing a strategic centralised product development solution. This could be as a "black box" product and rating solution - to enhance legacy systems that are constrained by limited product build and restricted rating capability - or used where product definitions have become fragmented. This is very often as a result of multiple product deployment requirements such as via the internet, extranet and/or having disparate legacy systems.
In addition, the EXAMPLE Platform(r) provides full underwriting transactional support to process any line of business built on the platform. Allowing the ability of full integration with existing systems or as a standalone Web-based underwriting application.
Duck Creek Technologies solutions aim to deliver:
- a rapid and flexible product build and deployment capability
- an accelerated web based application delivery
- the ability to "breathe life" into existing legacy systems
- a strategic and centralised product development environment
- a tactical to strategic model for implementation
Duck Creek's extensive use of XML enables users to create and manage their insurance products in a universally available format - one place to store all product information, available to all applications.
The Platform consists of components. Buyers of the Platform purchase those pieces that are required for their environment, with the option to add other components as needed.
- EXAMPLE Author(r) defines all features of an insurance product definition, including rates, rules, algorithms, documentation, screen flow and policy transactions - all in a user-friendly environment.
- EXAMPLE ManuScripts(tm) are the XML documents that preserve the intelligence of the product definitions created within EXAMPLE Author.
- EXAMPLE Server(r) transforms ManuScripts into powerful, Web-enabled services, such as rating, underwriting and policy processing.
- EXAMPLE Express(r) instantly Web-enables any product defined by EXAMPLE Author.
- EXAMPLE TransACT(tm) extends EXAMPLE Express to support web enabled policy processing across any line of business.
- EXAMPLE Forms(tm) extends the EXAMPLE Platform to support rules-based form definition, run-time form generation and a variety of printing and routing options for generated form output.
Duck Creek Technologies Europe Limited
Duck Creek Technologies provides a suite of products that provide rapid and flexible solutions to insurance product build and deployment.
Allowing for accelerated web based application delivery whilst breathing life into legacy underwriting systems, the EXAMPLE suite of tools can be used as a 'black box' solution or used for full underwriting transactional support to process any line of business. With over 40 customers in the United States operating in 50 States with hundreds of lines of business, the EXAMPLE suite has always been configured, never coded, to allow for the multiple variants required by insurers and agents.