2012 Budget Survey Results: Spending Plans Shift Toward Social, Mobile

The Distributed Marketing Blog releases survey results showing how marketers plan to spend next year

(PresseBox) ( Dallas, TX, )
According to marketers who responded to a mid-July survey, 2012 budget plans are shifting towards social media and mobile marketing. That's the news in today's new post in The Distributed Marketing Blog, which reports on a survey of 190 marketing executives in U.S. companies.

The survey asked three questions about marketing objectives and spending plans, along with demographic data showing the size and focus of the marketing organization. About half of the survey respondents (48%) came from small and mid-size businesses, and the rest from large enterprises (52%), with 40% in business to consumer marketing, 38% in business to business marketing, and the rest charged with reaching both consumers and businesses for different segments of their organization.

Detailed summaries of spending plans and priorities are reported in the report, but highlights of the survey results include:

- The reasons why small and large businesses use digital and social media differ widely, with over half (60%) of small businesses viewing social media as a sales channel while about a third (36%) of large companies view it that way.
- Budgets for mobile (55%) edged out social (54%) as the two channels where spending is expected to increase next year, followed by SEO (45%) and email (37%).
- Spending is expected to decline the most for direct mail (45%) and print (41%) marketing.
The publisher indicated in each case is solely responsible for the press releases above, the event or job offer displayed, and the image and sound material used (see company info when clicking on image/message title or company info right column). As a rule, the publisher is also the author of the press releases and the attached image, sound and information material.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to service@pressebox.de.