10117 Berlin, de
+47 (41) 4580-43
IBC 2012: Conax teams up with SMIT to launch market's first integrated CI+ Module
Bundling innovation: CI+ Module and smart card bundled into one single, integrated and pre-paired solution
The new Conax integrated CI+ Module, aligned with the security provider's strategy launched earlier this year for developing a portfolio of off-the-shelf, best-of-breed integrated partner solutions. For the launch of this new integrated partner solution, Conax selected SMIT, following a comprehensive selection process.
- Morten Solbakken, CEO, Conax, "Conax has teamed up with a strategic partner to deliver a world class solution - the industry's first integrated CI+ Module. This new Conax partner solution will provide operators with significant benefits in terms of reduced logistics and savings on customer care, while maintaining the high level of security they have come to expect from Conax."
- "The introduction of the integrated CI+ Module represents another strategic deployment and innovative breakthrough in CAM products," said Mr. Hongyu Shuai, President of SMIT. "We are excited to be chosen as Conax' partner on such an important new product that can help proliferate digital pay TV subscription through simplicity and affordability. SMIT has been supplying millions of CAM products to Conax' customers in the past seven years and looks forward to maintaining our close relationship."
Key benefits for operators & consumers
- CI+ Module bundled with highly secure embedded Conax smart card chip
- Operator convenience: Order directly from Conax with own branding - same logistics as a smart card
- Factory-paired: Immediate access for the subscriber. Easy to introduce in non-pairing environment
- Pairing server and network upgrades not necessary
- "The new Conax integrated CI+ Module will be operator-branded and ordered directly from and shipped by Conax, similar to the smart card process, confirms Hans Kwaaitaal, VP Strategic Partner Relations, Conax. Consumers can now use a smart card in the living room PVR and deploy the new "Conax smart card for the TV" for additional IDTV's in the home - removing the need for an additional set top box and smart card.
About SMIT (www.smit.com.cn) SMIT Corporation ("SMIT") is a global leader in the design and development of conditional access modules ("CAM"s), which enables the delivery of premium content to digital TVs without the need for a set-top-box ("STB"). SMIT's CAMs are custom designed to meet the strict security requirements of each conditional access ("CA") provider and the varied user-interface and compliance requirements of each pay TV operator.
SMIT was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Hong Kong, with branch offices in Shenzhen, Beijing, Munich and Palo Alto, California. SMIT currently has approximately 300 employees.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.