Malat Bldg., Technion
32000 Haifa, il
+972 (4) 8290168
CompuLab is introducing Intense PC - the most powerful miniature fanless PC ever
Intense PC is measuring just 7.5" x 6.3" x 1.57". The passively-cooled metal housing packs 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Processor with up to 16 GB dual channel DDR3-1333 providing blazing fast performance - never before seen on a miniature fanless system.
"Since 2007 CompuLab's fit-PC product line is the standard-to-beat in PC miniaturization and low-power fanless design," said Irad Stavi, Director of Business Development at CompuLab. "Intense PC brings a new level of performance without compromising any of fit-PC's unique features. You can think of Intense PC as fit-PC on steroids."
Intense PC is the most feature-rich ultra-small PC on the market - having dual-head high definition displays, 7.1 channels digital audio in/out, dual GbE, 2 USB3 ports, integrated hard disk plus dual eSATA, 2 mini-PCIe sockets, 802.11n WiFi with 2 antennas and even a serial port. In addition, Intense PC incorporates the same FACE Module (Function And Connectivity Extension Module) found in fit-PC3 for extending further the functionality of the computer.
"CompuLab expertise in tight integration and advanced thermal design was found to be critical during the development of Intense PC, said Stas Lapchev, Intense PC Project Manager at CompuLab. We see bringing this kind of performance into a fanless design as a major achievement. Intense PC consumes just 8W in idle, yet both CPU cores can reach 2.4 GHz when Intel Turbo Boost kicks in - thanks in large part to the groundbreaking power management of the 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Processor."
Intense PC customization Intense PC was designed with customization and extensibility in mind. Hard disk, RAM and mini-PCIe cards are all accessible through a one-screw service door at the bottom of the computer. CompuLab is offering several types of FACE Modules - including FM-LAN with 4 GbE ports (for a total of 6), and FM-XTD with 2 mini-PCIe sockets (for a total of 4). FACE Module specifications and reference designs are published to allow 3rd parties to design their own FACE Modules. Intense PC is also available with OEM branding.
- Intel Core i7-2610UE Processor (4M Cache, 1.50 GHz dual-core) with Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Intel Core i3-2340UE Processor (3M Cache, 1.30 GHz dual-core) with Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Intel Celeron Processor 847E (2M Cache, 1.10 GHz dual-core) with Intel HD Graphics 2000
- Intel Celeron Processor 827E (1.5M Cache, 1.40 GHz) with Intel HD Graphics 2000
- Intel HM65 Express Chipset
- Up to 16 GB dual channel DDR3-1333 using two SO-DIMM sockets
- Internal 2.5 hard disk or SSD - SATA3 6 Gbps
- 2x eSATA ports - SATA2 3 Gbps
- mSATA socket (shared with mini-PCIe socket)
- HDMI 1.4 up to 1920x1200 with 3D support
- DisplayPort up to 2560x1600
- 7.1 channels S/PDIF in/out, stereo line-out, mic
- 2x GbE ports
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n (2 antennas) + Bluetooth 3.0
- 2x USB3 ports 5 Gbps
- 2 USB2 ports 480 Mbps
- RS232 full UART via mini serial connector
- 8 - 16V
- 7.5" x 6.3" x 1.57" (19 x 16 x 4 cm)
Availability and Pricing Intense PC will be available during Q2 2012 through fit-PC worldwide distribution channel and through fit-PC webstore (www.fit-pc.com). Intense PC will be offered at a variety of configurations starting from $399.
Intense PC is demonstrated live at Embedded World 2012 Nuremberg, Germany from 28-Feb to 1-Mar at CompuLab's booth - Hall 2/2-405.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.