Cape Clear Delivers 3 New Innovations to SOA and ESB
- Cape Clear 7.5 introduces a new, powerful graphical SOA Assembly Editor that radically simplifies the creation of the most common SOA applications, and bridges the gap between the REST and WS-* worlds;
- Cape Clear 7.5 extends its "On Demand Integration" strategy with support for multitenanted integration for both SaaS and Enterprise Shared Services;
- Cape Clear 7.5 also adds significant support for the maintenance and management of large BPEL deployments
Cape Clear® Software, the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Platform leader, announced today that the 7.5 version of its ESB platform version is now immediately available to customers. As a recognised leader and innovator in the servicesoriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise service bus (ESB) markets, Cape Clear is committed to delivering the best of graphical easeofuse tooling, proven enterprise scalability and unique capabilities for On Demand Integration in a single unified product distribution. Cape Clear 7.5 combines new Eclipse tooling that automates the most common tasks in SOA application development with a unique multitenanted ESB that enables On Demand Integration; all of which is underpinned by the most proven and scalable BPEL technologies in the world. Cape Clear 7.5 takes SOA and ESB technologies to the next level.
"For the last 6 months we've been saying that the SOA world is colliding with the On Demand world", commented Annrai O’Toole, CEO of Cape Clear Software, Inc. "With this release of Cape Clear 7.5 we're showing exactly how these two technology trends can be combined. This release is not only a great leap forward in terms of easeofuse for building SOA applications, but it also combines SOA with On Demand deployment models."
SOA Assembly Editor
In building a SOA application, the developer has to deal with many important but difficult tasks: the choice of security policy, the choice of underlying transport, the need to transform data into and out of the service and the need to handle errors. This difficulty is compounded by the fact that these tasks may involve coding, configuration files and management tasks in several different products. Cape Clear 7.5 is the first product to unify all of these tasks into a single graphical editor. The SOA Assembly Editor allows developers to select standard items such as transports, transformations, routes and security policies from a palette and graphically clip them together to create an Assembly. This Assembly is then deployed as a single Springbased artefact. The Cape Clear SOA Assembly Editor offers the following key features:
- Single unified Eclipsebased graphical environment in which endtoend mediations can be constructed in minutes;
- Easy integration with REST resources. No assumption of SOAP-works on any XML or non-XML inputs and outputs;
- Support for 15 prebuilt transports: Including REST, FTP, email, JMS, XMPP and RSS.
View a 5-minute video demo of the new Assembly Editor at http://developer.capeclear.com/video/assembly/AssemblyEditor.html.
Multi Tenanting for On Demand Integration There is a longterm move towards an On Demand model – as instanced by Software as a Service (SaaS) ISVs and enterprise shared services. Integration is no exception to this pervasive trend. In order to fully support the shared services model, multitenanting is an absolute necessity. Cape Clear is the first ESB to support a segmented multitenanting capability where SOA integrations can be shared and segmented by customer or user. With this unique multitenanting capability as part of the baseline ESB, Cape Clear customers can achieve much greater reuse of services, improved security through the segmentation of processes and data used by those services, and powerful management and monitoring of services on a per user basis.
- Sharing of integrations, with the possibility of individualized customization, greatly increases productivity;
- 'Customer ID' property may be added in oneclick in the Assembly Editor;
- Logging, reporting and management are all segmented percustomer.
Enterprise BPEL deployments
Cape Clear has extended its Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) capabilities to provide rich support for large and complex BPEL deployments. In the course of implementing a BPEL application, customers need support for ongoing change management and maintenance of BPEL processes. They also need comprehensive utilities to manage and scale BPEL databases. Cape Clear 7.5 provides new functionality that enables customers to perform real time maintenance, including inplace updates, on running BPEL processes.
- Message Replay and pseudoreliable messaging over http greatly enhance BPEL application stability.
- Dynamically add variables to deployed BPEL processes, and edit variables for inflight processes;
- Pruning and archiving utilities for management of large (multimillion instance) BPEL databases;
For more information on Cape Clear’s leading ESB software, please visit http://www.capeclear.com/products/overview.shtml or contact sales at firstname.lastname@example.org. To download a copy of the Cape Clear ESB, please visit http://www.capeclear.com/download/.
Cape Clear Software (UK) Ltd.
Cape Clear is the ESB Platform Leader that delivers proven On-Demand Integration reliability, scalability, and performance to connect any content, services, or software across the internet using Web services.
Recognized by Gartner, Forrester, and ITWeek Magazine as the leading ESB, Cape Clear is in deployment by the leading financial services, communications, software ondemand, media, government, energy, transportation, and defense organizations in the world. Founded in 1999, Cape Clear Software is a privately- held firm with headquarters in San Mateo, Calif., and offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Chicago, Ill.; Denver, Colo.; Waltham, Mass.; Dublin, Ireland; and, London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.capeclear.com.