Königsberger Str. 5-7
83313 Siegsdorf, de
Major project for BOPP production plant with Treofan Group
Brückner appointed general contractor for new greenfield plant in Mexico / One of Brückner’s largest individual projects ever
In addition to a high speed BOPP production line, Brückner will also supply a complete turnkey package for the entire production plant - ranging from the outside silos to the final loading docks. Among other things, Brückner will be responsible for the:
- Detailed engineering of plant logistics and base plant production equipment
- Earthworks, site preparation and building construction
- Energy and water supply systems
- Connection to existing facilities
- Roll handling systems
- Primary and secondary slitters
- Recycling systems
- Packaging and storage incl. final warehouse
In the words of Treofan's CEO Peter A. Briggs: "This investment is an important strategic step for Treofan towards strengthening our competitive position in the Americas and globally. With this investment we will be able to better serve on our North America customers with reliable, high quality speciality products at competitive prices. We need a partner with the best technology, proven experience with turnkey projects and the ability to integrate this new line into our existing operations without disruption. Brückner perfectly meets these requirements."
The new state-of the-art 8.2 m BOPP line with a capacity of 36,500 tons per year has numerous technical highlights, e.g.:
- Superior production speed of 525 m/min ensuring high throughput
- Latest twin screw extrusion for quick product changes and flexible raw material use
- 5-layer technology enabling production of value added films
- Energy optimization for minimum consumption
- Direct drive technology for highest production uptime and stability
- LIWIND system assuring optimal winding quality
With their new production line Treofan will produce specialty multilayer co-extruded BOPP films, supporting the company's growth strategy in specialty films for flexible packaging and label applications in the NAFTA region.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.