10785 Berlin, de
+49 (30) 77377-106
Boeing Closes 2013 With Record Commercial Deliveries
- 648 deliveries is most ever in a single year
- 1,355 net commercial orders is second-largest in company history
Boeing [NYSE: BA] set a company record in 2013 for the most commercial airplanes delivered in a single year with 648. The company's unfilled commercial orders stood at 5,080 at the end of the year - also a new Boeing record.
Boeing also booked 1,531 gross commercial orders in 2013, a new company record and 1,355 net commercial orders in 2013, the second-largest number in company history.
"With solid execution on our numerous production rate increases, the Boeing team performed extremely well in 2013," said Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Ray Conner. "We delivered more advanced, fuel-efficient airplanes to our customers than ever before, and it's a great example of what our team can accomplish."
In 2013, three programs set records for deliveries in single year:
- The 737 program delivered 440 Next-Generation 737s
- The 777 program delivered 98 airplanes
- The 787 program delivered 65 Dreamliners, now flying with 16 customers around the world
With the higher production rates achieved in 2013, all three Boeing Commercial Airplanes production sites in Everett and Renton, Wash. and North Charleston, S.C. also delivered a record number of airplanes.
Boeing's leadership position in the twin-aisle market continued in 2013 with the launch of two new airplane programs. The 777X launched in November at the Dubai Air Show with 259 orders and commitments worth $95 billion at list prices. Boeing also launched the 787-10 Dreamliner, the most fuel-efficient jetliner in history, at the Paris Air Show in June.
"The year ahead will be exciting as we prepare to deliver the first 787-9, continue the design work on our newest programs - the 737 MAX, 787-10 and 777X - while increasing our production rates on the 737," said Conner. "We'll remain focused on meeting our customer commitments by delivering the best products and services."
Orders, deliveries and unfilled orders as of Dec. 31, 2013, by program were as follows.(please see attachment)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes highlights in 2013 included:
- Boeing Delivers 7,500th 737
- Boeing, Southwest Airlines Announce Launch of 737 MAX 7
- Boeing Opens New Everett Delivery Center
- Boeing Delivers 1,000th Airplane to China
- Boeing Launches 787-10 Dreamliner
- Boeing Begins Assembly of 1st KC-46A Tanker Aircraft
- Boeing Flies First 787-9 Dreamliner
- Boeing Completes 737 MAX 8 Firm Configuration
- Boeing to Increase 737 Production Rate in 2017
- Boeing, GOL Airlines Announce Collaboration to Increase Sustainable Aviation Biofuel Supply in Brazil
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner Reaches 1,000th Order with Etihad Airways
- Boeing Launches 777X with Record-Breaking Orders and Commitments
- Boeing Delivers First 747-8 with Performance-Improved Engines
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.